Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H + i5-4690 + Intel HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

I was getting a lot of random freezes on my build. More specifically, it became quite predictable when I tried to create a bootable USB of Yosemite using Unibeast. It was never successful - my system would freeze up halfway.

After much research I decided to try Clover. Happily, making the switch worked! I have been able to create my bootable USB from Unibeast without problem, and my build hasn't froze since last night.

I'll be monitoring my build and test if the known issues below still exist. Meanwhile, it looks good.

I will share how I made the switch to clover soon, too.

I have the same problems. Only boot with -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 maxmem=4096 npci=0x2000, but doesn't mount my pen drive so I can't install Multibeast... Any solution?

I just completed a build with this motherboard last night. Everything seemed toward if e until I installed update 10.10.2. Now my computer will lose its wifi connection to my router and won't reconnect after I reboot both the router and the Hackintosh. All of my other devices connect to the device just fine (PC, MacBook Air, multiple iPhones/iPads, roku, Fire TV). I've tried using Kext Utlity to repair permissions. No fix.

Here are my specs: Intel i5 4690k, Gigabyte H97M-D3H, 1 x 8gb RAM stick, 160gb SSD, 600watt modular psu, MSI GTX 650 TI

OSX will connect and run properly for 10 minutes until it drops connection and can't reconnect until resetting

Any suggestions?

I was rereading the original build description. I think that freezes can be reduced if you change the following BIOS setting:
Peripherals > EHCI Hand-off > Enable​
I noticed that this helped a few people that were using USB peripherals. So, I've added it to my guide, as well.

Would anyone know if i can downgrade to a cheaper i3? The i5 is just to much, and i need something cheaper? And can this run Yosemite?

Hello. Your guide worked! But I am unable to get my network to work.
Installed just as u said,
My Specs:
H97M D3H Rev 1.1
i5 4590
Kingston 8GB Hyperx Fury
Everything works Except Network
I have installed the Network driver through multibeast
Drivers -> Network -> Realtek -> AppleRTL8169Ethernet 2.0.6 (for H97M D3H)
Bios F5
Plz guide me through as it still says under System Profiler "This computer does not seems to have Ethernet cards installed"

Hello. Your guide worked! But I am unable to get my network to work.
Installed just as u said,
My Specs:
H97M D3H Rev 1.1
i5 4590
Kingston 8GB Hyperx Fury
Everything works Except Network
I have installed the Network driver through multibeast
Drivers -> Network -> Realtek -> AppleRTL8169Ethernet 2.0.6 (for H97M D3H)
Bios F5
Plz guide me through as it still says under System Profiler "This computer does not seems to have Ethernet cards installed"

Is there anyone who can help?

I'm using the same build as you but installed Yosemite, I can't get the Audio to wok via the onboard HDMI and first it couldn't detect the Ethernet port, I installed a kext and it detects it now but I can't get an Internet connection from it. Any suggestions?

Would anyone know if i can downgrade to a cheaper i3? The i5 is just to much, and i need something cheaper? And can this run Yosemite?

Hi there.

Yes you can downgrade to an i3. Yes it will run Yosemite fine.

In my own experience the latest Haswell i3's for socket 1150, the 41** and 43** series work very well indeed on this motherboard. I have tried several. The difference in the two ranges being the on-chip cache size.

However you will notice the i3-4360 or 4370's are approaching the i5 in price, because I think of the extra speed and cache. They really do fly along. If you go for a slower one of around 3.4ghz the price drops significantly.

Interestingly a slowish Haswell i3 in a Customac is a lot faster than a genuine Mac Mini or basic iMac. That's only my opinion but I have both.

Best of luck! :)

Hi. Has anyone tried to use HDMI motherboard connection as main video output? I had no luck with it, but DVI connection works fine.

My 27" Samsung LED monitor has only HDMI and VGA connections and really would like to get it working via HDMI.

Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back