CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After 5 days of tearing my hair out and reading many posts on this topic, I've found a solution that works on my system.

So, as you may probably already know, you must first activate your AIC in Windows. These steps are well documented, so I won't cover that here.

The next crucial step is getting your BIOS configured. Before I found these golden settings, I was able to get TB to work in OSX, but only after booting into Windows first. After powering down, the connection was lost and I would then need to boot into windows, load my audio interface control panel (Focusrite Clarett 4Pre), then reboot into OSX.

I can now forget about Windows, power down, and connect in OSX 100% of the time!

So, here are my BIOS settings, which will hopefully help some of you out:

IMG_6758.JPG
IMG_6759.JPG
IMG_6760.JPG

After 5 days of tearing my hair out and reading many posts on this topic, I've found a solution that works on my system.

So, as you may probably already know, you must first activate your AIC in Windows. These steps are well documented, so I won't cover that here.

The next crucial step is getting your BIOS configured. Before I found these golden settings, I was able to get TB to work in OSX, but only after booting into Windows first. After powering down, the connection was lost and I would then need to boot into windows, load my audio interface control panel (Focusrite Clarett 4Pre), then reboot into OSX.

I can now forget about Windows, power down, and connect in OSX 100% of the time!

So, here are my BIOS settings, which will hopefully help some of you out:

View attachment 314397 View attachment 314398 View attachment 314399
I have same mainboard , and also the same thundebolt card GC-Alpine Ridge , but for me its now work , can you write me please , what you mean its working for you 100% i use only macOSx high sierra , i have upgdare firmware using windows but sitll not working , have a try test it with any thunderbolt audio interface?

Hi. Yes, all working here. I think the crucial step is to get it working once in Windows 10 first. With the correct BIOS settings it now works in OSX every time I boot. Upon powering on my Hack, my audio interface lights up to say it has established TB connection. Once inside High Sierra, the audio interface works perfectly.

Hi. Yes, all working here. I think the crucial step is to get it working once in Windows 10 first. With the correct BIOS settings it now works in OSX every time I boot. Upon powering on my Hack, my audio interface lights up to say it has established TB connection. Once inside High Sierra, the audio interface works perfectly.
In windows 10 its work me to , but after installing osx high sierra its not working “there are no drivers” or there are no hardware”
Can you please explain me please step by step how you do that to work? Have you add any kext files? Are you run both opereting systems windows and osx?

Can you a screenshot and upload “about mac”\thunderbolt i would to see how it regonize the card ?

In windows 10 its work me to , but after installing osx high sierra its not working “there are no drivers” or there are no hardware”
Can you please explain me please step by step how you do that to work? Have you add any kext files? Are you run both opereting systems windows and osx?
You won't see anything in the System Report under Thunderbolt *until* you actually have something connected. And then that menu option populates with info on whatever device is plugged in. It's been this way since my first studio build using Z77 with TB.

You won't see anything in the System Report under Thunderbolt *until* you actually have something connected. And then that menu option populates with info on whatever device is plugged in. It's been this way since my first studio build using Z77 with TB.

My thunderbolt is working perfectly, but still not reported. But that's purely cosmetic.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 22.46.34.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 22.46.34.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,754
  • Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 22.48.56.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 22.48.56.png
    75.8 KB · Views: 1,725
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back