Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gabedamien's first build: Maximus V Gene - 3770K - 16GB RAM - GTX 670 - FT03 - OS X 10.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the process of building my first Hackintosh my only issue is going with MVG board or a P8Z77-M PRO I would like to get sleep working and wake from bluetooth and I seen other users complain about this, I have a apple wireless keyboard and a magic trackpad that i would like to use on the MVG board, I love the color theme on the MVG have you done any testing with bluetooth?

Sounds very good, I just received my Mac Pro case. I decided to get the MVG, wake on lan is very important for me too, thanks for the input. I cant wait to start my modding.

Awesome build! Mine is almost identical except with a 650ti. Everything was working beautifully except I could only get the usb 2.0 ports to work like you. After lots of messing around tonight with no success I have to start over, since I lost USB all together. But oh well. I was just wondering if you have been able to figure out the USB issues? Other then that your guide was right on. Thanks!

Awesome build! Mine is almost identical except with a 650ti. Everything was working beautifully except I could only get the usb 2.0 ports to work like you. After lots of messing around tonight with no success I have to start over, since I lost USB all together. But oh well. I was just wondering if you have been able to figure out the USB issues? Other then that your guide was right on. Thanks!

Thanks!

I haven't worked out the USB issue, but it seems to be a common one with hackintosh. One hopes that with USB 3 now a standard feature in new iMacs / MacBook Pros, we will get better hackintosh compatibility, but it's not a major hassle for me at the moment - everything I need to connect has a suitable place to connect to.

Of bigger concern for me is the dang audio issue. I keep my speakers plugged into the green port for easy audio switching in Windows. Having to switch them to the black port and switch my audio output in OS X to avoid popping is very annoying when I just want to briefly share audio with someone else (usually I use my headphones). I don't know how, if ever, I am going to solve that issue.

Still, very happy with my build as it is currently. In fact I haven't really thought at all about improving or fixing anything on it for a while, for the most part I just... use it! :)

Thanks for the reply! As far as the sound issues are concerned I use the optical out and have no issues. Maybe going to a digital receiver that then has a headphone hack. I just use the logitech z5500 5.1 set and that has a headphone hack on the digital receiver. Just an idea!

I have successfully setup a system with the same mobo and cpu, using the HD 4000 gpu. Everything runs stable (have not tested hdmi audio and usb 3 ports). Sleep - wake work perfectly. My apple bluetooth keyboard and mouse work perfectly with belkin usb bt dongle (model: F8T016ne) and sleep - wake , of course.
Now i am waiting my display port cable to try a second monitor (Until the cable arrives i use a diamond BVU195 usb Display Adapter to connect the 2nd monitor, that also works without problems)!!!
I got it right the first run!!!!!!

Thanks Gabedamien for helping me picking up the excellent asus maximus v gene mobo.

Gabe,

I'm curious on your sleep/wake. I am overclocked to 4.5Ghz and when it sleeps, it wont re-wake. Power light sits on. Then when I force shutdown and power-up, it lists overclock failed. Thoughts?

Serum: I've never gotten an "overclock failed" message before. I'm still running at 4.2, although I have headroom to push it further (but no motivation to try, since everything runs at max as-is).

Are you using Mac 3,1 definition, or something else?

Your problem isn't like anything I've ever experienced before, sorry, and my own sleep/wake is working perfectly at the moment. My sleep/wake usually would fail if I tried messing with DSDTs, USB kexts, or definitions besides Mac 3,1. That's the only feedback I can offer on the matter.

Good luck!

Serum: I've never gotten an "overclock failed" message before. I'm still running at 4.2, although I have headroom to push it further (but no motivation to try, since everything runs at max as-is).

Are you using Mac 3,1 definition, or something else?

Your problem isn't like anything I've ever experienced before, sorry, and my own sleep/wake is working perfectly at the moment. My sleep/wake usually would fail if I tried messing with DSDTs, USB kexts, or definitions besides Mac 3,1. That's the only feedback I can offer on the matter.

Good luck!

Yeah, my def is Mac Pro 3,1. I think it is a BIOS setting. I'm going to inspect further. Just curious, how do you have your Power Settings in System Prefs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back