Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gabedamien's first build: Maximus V Gene - 3770K - 16GB RAM - GTX 670 - FT03 - OS X 10.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent work! :thumbup:

It is all very compact and tight in there so you have done very well to fit it all in and keep things quiet and cool.

I liked even the very small touches - like your Silverstone case graphic in the About This Mac (how did you do that, or have I missed it?)

Congrats on getting Golden Build status too!!

...I liked even the very small touches - like your Silverstone case graphic in the About This Mac (how did you do that, or have I missed it?) Congrats on getting Golden Build status too!!

Thanks. :) The graphics for system definitions are stored in icon form in /System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources - I replaced com.apple.macpro.icns since I'm using Mac Pro 3,1 as my sys. def. (backed up the original, of course!)

You can use Img2icns.app (free download) to make an *.icns file from any image.

Cheers,
—G

Ah! Thanks for the tip - it worked perfectly...

13539296.3b76ff93.jpg

Now I know "how" I'll improve the graphic...

:D

I agree with koalaman i like my LianLi V2110 much more i am on the Asus V Gene to bros :headbang:

But i need to modife more kext files like audio and lan drivers or Intel Sata 3 to work flawles :p

I agree with koalaman i like my LianLi V2110 much more i am on the Asus V Gene to bros :headbang:

But i need to modife more kext files like audio and lan drivers or Intel Sata 3 to work flawles :p

+1, Just use the Intel Lan and 898 Audio from MultiBeast. And maybe 3rd Paty SATA?

My setup is almost identical to yours (same mobo and processor) but I cannot get Unibeast to boot for the life of me. Keeps hanging up on AppleIntelE1000e: Mac Address... Any ideas?

Followed your instructions exactly. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

serum67,
Most user errors are cause by missing a step in the UniBeast Installation Guide. I recommend folks print it out and check off each step so as not to miss a step; or copy and paste to a text file and then print out.

I never had that problem. As Stork points out it sounds more like a Unibeast install issue than anything specific to this config. The only additional advice I can give you is to try booting into safe mode (-x) which loads as few kexts as possible. The one you mentioned is an Ethernet kext if I am not mistaken.

Re-did Unibeast install with printed sheet. Still cant boot to installer. Sorry to muddle up your beautiful build page with this. I am at a loss. No matter what I have tried, I can't get it to boot to installer. When I run GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 -v, it goes all the way through but only displays half a screen and the left side is flickering. sigh.

Sounds like your using the HD4000, if so you must use GraphicsEnabler=Yes and also "Graphics Mode"="1920x1080x32" use your monitors native resolution. Also must use those quotes exactly, its case sensitive. But I have told you this in another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back