Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GA-Z97M-D3H - i7-4970k - 16 GB RAM - Intel HD Graphics 4600 - Yosemite 10.10.3 WITH AUDIO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97M-D3H
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 970 SSC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone.

So I have a MBPro but then I decided to build my own hackintosh so I can play my favorite games in Windows and have OS X so I can work.
After a few days of investigation, I bought all the components of the build and I followed 2 or 3 guides from this site, they really helped me on the process but I had some serious trouble with the audio and graphics. So now I want to share with you how I solved the kernel panics and errors.

Special thanks to this 2 guys who made their installation guides which helped me to install Yosemite 10.10.3
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ntel-hd-graphics-4600-yosemite-10-10-2-a.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-4790k-16gb-ram-intel-hd-graphics-4600-a.html

Let's start with the components of the build:

Motherboard: GA-Z97M-D3H

Processor: Intel Core i7-4790k

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4600

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB kit (x2 for 8GB total)

Network: Built-in Ethernet only

------------------------------------

Before we start, in the investigation I found that if you have 2 or more sticks of RAM you should remove them, only use 1 stick at the moment of the installation.

PREPARING THE BIOS:
- Load Optimized Defaults
- Turn off Turbo Boost (M.I.T -> Advanced Frequency Settings -> Advanced CPU Core Features -> Intel Turbo Boost Technology -> Disabled)
- VT-d Disabled
- Set OS Type to Other OS
- Initial Display set to IGFX (512mb)

INSTALLATION:
Connect the USB you made with UniBeast and write the following flags to enter the setup:
-v -x PCIRootUID=1 IGPEnabler=Yes GraphicsEnabler=No

Install Yosemite into your HDD and restart.

POST-INSTALLATION:
Use again the bootloader of the USB stick but now you select the HD where you installed Yosemite and write the following flags:
-x PCIRootUID=1

You'll see everything a little bit slow, but dont worry, that's because we used the "PCIRootUID=1" flag at this time.
Before you install all the MB, go to S/L/E and delete AppleHDA.kext (This is to make a "clean" install of the audio kexts.) Empty the recicle bin and restart, when boot use again "-x PCIRootUID=1" to get into the OS.

Now install the MB with the following settings:

QuickStart -> DSDT Free

Drivers -> Audio -> Realtek ALCxxx -> ALC892

Drivers -> Audio -> Optional HDAEnabler -> Audio ID: 1

Drivers -> Disk -> 3rd Party SATA

Drivers -> Disk -> 10.10.0 TRIM patch

Drivers -> Network -> Realtek -> RealtekRTL8111

Drivers -> Misc -> FakeSMC

Drivers -> Misc -> FakeSMC Plugins

Drivers -> Misc -> FakeSMC HWMonitor Application

Bootloader -> Chimera v3.0.1

Customize -> Boot Options -> Basic Boot Options

Customize -> Boot Options -> Generate CPU States

Customize -> Boot Options -> Hibernate Mode - Desktop

Customize -> Boot Options -> Use KernelCache

Customize -> System Definitions -> iMac 14,2* THIS IS IMPORTANT

After installation just reboot with no flags and everything should work.

If the Audio doesn't works then follow this steps:
Go to S/L/E and delete AppleHDA.kext and Realtek811.kext and empty the recicle bin.

Before you restart, open MB and install again the Audio Drivers:

Drivers -> Audio -> Optional HDAEnabler -> Audio ID: 1

and check the "Customize -> Boot Options -> Kext Dev Mode" and restart.

THATS ALL, you sould have audio working, just go to audio settings and select the Internal Speakers in the Input Device.

Hope works for you!

Cheers!

Nice write up. I have a very similar system.

I had a lot of the same things checked off in Multibeast and had nothing but worsening problems. Except audio. Audio always worked.

I reinstalled 10.10.3 and used DSDT free unchecking Generate CPU states. I understand that a Haswell CPU does not need Generate CPU States. I deleted it and can run Turbo-boost. CPU is overclocked at 4.6MHz.

and
Realtek 8.11 something or other for ethernet.
Fake SMC plug-ins and HW monitor.

That's it. This time it has been smooth sailing.

I could not use any TRIM enabler which gave me severe booting issues. The Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD does not seem to mind at all and is super snappy.

I am also using a GMYLE (R) Micro USB Bluetooth 4.0 Dongle which works OOB for the Apple wireless keyboard and Mouse.

Nice write up. I have a very similar system.

I had a lot of the same things checked off in Multibeast and had nothing but worsening problems. Except audio. Audio always worked.

I reinstalled 10.10.3 and used DSDT free unchecking Generate CPU states. I understand that a Haswell CPU does not need Generate CPU States. I deleted it and can run Turbo-boost. CPU is overclocked at 4.6MHz.

and
Realtek 8.11 something or other for ethernet.
Fake SMC plug-ins and HW monitor.

That's it. This time it has been smooth sailing.

I could not use any TRIM enabler which gave me severe booting issues. The Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD does not seem to mind at all and is super snappy.

I am also using a GMYLE (R) Micro USB Bluetooth 4.0 Dongle which works OOB for the Apple wireless keyboard and Mouse.

Hi there! Just a quick question... I've been working great with my Hackintosh but for the past 2 weeks I've noticed that my case fans are not speeding up when the temperature of the CPU goes up... The only fan taht is doing that is the CPU fan but the case fans are running in a constant speed at 900rpms...

Do you have something like that or its just me..?

Thanks you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back