Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3, i52500k, Rad HD 6850, Lion/SnoLe

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so while observing verbose mode it looks like my main hang up with really long boots (75 seconds) is a long stream of NVC Lockx [warning]. At the end of that repeating, it pauses for a bit, and then i get: SNB Framebuffed did not show up unload. It might repeat that last part again, and then it loads my desktop.

Probably a dumb question, but is there any reason to upgrade to iBoot 3.2, as I already have my build up and running smoothly, and never use the iBoot CD anyway?

How long is your boot time tennisdude?

sullenday said:
How long is your boot time tennisdude?

Uh, maybe about like 2 mins. It's definitely slow, but nothing I can't deal with. This computer never turns off. And how will a new iBoot update change anything since I never use the iBoot CD anyway?

Thanks again for the great guide. I followed the instructions on the 1st page of this thread after buying the customac components and it worked like a charm. i stayed with SL.

has anyone had problems playing a bluray rip over 10gb or a youtube HD clip? both are choppy for me.

i am plugged into the main dvi port of the graphics card and the card seems to be recognized in system profiler. I never enabled anything in multibeast for graphics, but i must be missing something.

I tried using atmonitor to profile the gpu, and that showing 0%

Thanks a lot, it's working at 100% !! I use HD6870 instead of HD6850. On My Gigabyte HD6870, my HDMI work fine.

Thanks again !

sullenday said:
maxwoj said:
- cut -
To get rid of the ethernet related errors, revert to the original IONetworkingFamily.kext and remove the Realtec 1000 extensions, then install again the latest lnx2mac ethernet drivier. Don't forget to repair permissions and rebuild caches, otherwise your system would not get up or you will end up with no network connectivity. - cut -

Hmmm well I looked in the ionetworking contents and did not find anything r1000 residing there. I don't understand why it goes through looking for nvidia graphics adapters, even after i dragged those gforce kexts out of the extensions folder. It seems to take some time with that. Here's a screen shot of my ionetoworking kexts. Also, how does one disable verbose to decrease boot time?

One of the custom realtek drivers adds some plugins to the IONetworkingFamily.kext. If on your machine the extension seems to be in its original shape, it means there are some Realtek extensions in your /System/Library/Extensions folder.

If you have verbose mode on, probably the /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file has similar entry:

Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v fsb=133000000 busratio=26</string>

Simply remove the "-v" from the proper line. Do not touch other things in this line, you possibly have there pciRootId or other things, leave it alone as it is. The kernel flag -v means verbose

Did anyone figure out how to get HDMI working in Lion. Exact same build, a little disappointed about the lack of HDMI. I have to keep Windows running just for that when I want to hook up to TV.

I've just finished my build and I've got a few little problems I was hoping you guys could help me with.

First of all, my boot time is extremely slow. I booted in verbose mode and it seems to hang on 'com_lnx2mac_realtekrtl81xx: ethernet address 50:e5:49:56:4e:b4'. I'm not hugely fussed about the boot time, but obviously quicker would be nicer.

The next little problem is a bit odd. After the Apple boot logo, my screen goes completely black. To get to the desktop, I have to press the power button twice. It's almost as if it has to be put to sleep before it can load. Once the desktop has loaded aswell, it takes a little while for things to respond to the mouse (cursor moves, but I can't click, the dock icons don't magnify, etc).

Also, last night I could connect to the internet no problem. However, I haven't been able to get online today at all. System Preferences shows I'm connected, but my browser says otherwise. I tried reinstalling the Lnx2Mac driver, but it didn't seem to fix the problem.

If anybody has any idea how to resolve any of these problems, that would be greatly appreciated!

Hello, I have a minor annoyance that is bugging me in regards to the kernel cache. I am using the ALC8xxHDA, AppleHDA Rollback and ALC889 option (under Non-DSDT HDAEnabler) from Multibeast 4.0.3 to successfully enable the onboard audio in Lion 10.7.2. The issue that I am having is that I would like to use the kernelcache option in org.chameleon.Boot.plist in order to speed up the boot times, but when I enable this option everything is working except sound. As soon as I remove this from the plist and reboot, audio is working again. Does anyone know how to use the ALC889 onboard audio with the kernelcache? My understanding is that Lion is just caching the loaded plists, however I've tried deleting the kernelcache file and letting Lion recreate it while the audio is working but after reboot there is still no audio. The only custom kexts I am using are as follows:

bash-3.2# kextstat |grep -v apple
Index Refs Address Size Wired Name (Version) <Linked Against>
40 0 0xffffff7f80977000 0x7000 0x7000 org.netkas.FakeSMC (3.1.0) <8 7 5 4 3>
45 0 0xffffff7f809ff000 0x1c000 0x1c000 com.LaCie.driver.PXHCD (1.0.1) <41 9 7 5 4 3>
47 0 0xffffff7f80a29000 0x1b000 0x1b000 com.lnx2mac.driver.RealtekRTL81xx (0.0.67) <13 9 5 4 3 1>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back