Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3, i52500k, Rad HD 6850, Lion/SnoLe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frostcall + Other posters thank you so much! I built my machine yesterday to the same spec with identicl hardware to the Customac Build #3

But...

Im having some issues and was wondering if anyone oculd help

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=37232

Above is a link to the full forum post but the short story is boot time (in verbose it sticks also on network for a while)

but also my geekbench 32-bit score is hurrensdous for the hardware i have (its around 4450 on average)

Is there anything i have missed?

thanks

This is probably a dumb question, but I just want to make sure I do everything right and don't get stuck in a problem I can't fix.

I presently have a Hackintosh running smoothly on Snow Leopard 10.6.8. I was thinking of using Unibeast to install Lion, but want to make sure I install it correctly.

What steps do I need to do to use Unibeast to install Lion on this machine?

Thanks!

Stork said:
How hard is to follow tonymacx86's guide?!
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/unibeast-install-mac-os-x-lion-using.html

I recommend you print it out and check off each step so as not to miss a step.

I was asking, as I have a split partition HDD, and wasn't sure if that would cause problems. The guide has the walkthrough if it is just 1 partition. Don't want to lose my data on the non-startup partition.

I did read the walkthrough, thank you though.

Frostcall I can't thank you enough! Finally after trying about 5 other times until I found this thread, i failed. Following your post my system is working great. Now, my Gigabyte board is running F9 BIOS version and I used that DSDT for F9 bios. Also my graphics card is an Asus EN9600GT silent card which is on the list of Nvidia cards and works perfectly. My CPU is Core I3 and there is no display without the Nvidia card installed.

Once again, many thanks! :crazy:

:D :D :D
Thank you man - you are the DUDE! after a few days of frustration I'm typing this on my Lion install Custommac #3 build :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Just out of interest - what Overclock setting did you tweek?

Thanks a Million :beachball:

Wow, what a great guide. Ordered the same parts (but went with 8 GB of ram ;) ) and followed the guide. Worked PERFECTLY!! Now I am trying to figure out the whole BIOS flash thing. It feels great getting back into comp building. And with Mac OSX, it's certainly a new and exciting hobby.

Props and +1's to all of you posting fantastic guides in this post and helping all of us newbies out :)

To quote fishsticks and marques0:
I removed files from /System/Extensions and /Extra/Extensions :
- ALC8xxHDA.kext in /Extra/Extensions
- AppleHDA.kext in /System/Extensions
- HDAEnabler889.kext in /System/Extensions
On a Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 motherboard with the ALC889 audio chip.
During the multi beast (re)install I checked HLC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback options as marques0 wisely recommended.

I deleted the files I could find, re-ran Multibeast, rebooted and BAM, all audio is working instead of just in Chrome.[/quote]

how to delete kexts.
should i trash them or use terminal.
i dont prefer any of those im looking for a kext uninstaller.

thank you for your time and effort

Anyone having random halt / freeze / hang on 10.7.2? I can't quite figure out why but i basically updated to 1072 and ran multibeast full again which in turn has chimera 1.6.0.

seems like when its a lot of wireless activity (meaning a lot of firefox or lan stuff) over my usb wireless which also makes me think it could be the usb ports? I really don't know how i could debug this. anyone have ideas a way i could check logs or anything?

this sucks because its like a totally mouse halt 100% frozen. so... command+s every 2 seconds until i fix this :(

edit: fixed with uhhhhhh
http://www.osx86.net/view/2070-gtx_5xx_enabler.html
fixed it great. so happy!

Hi. I am on my 3rd 'start from scratch' build with the same exact hardware. I am happy to have found this post. I have a hope now that I can get up and running soon.

My first issue: when I attempt to update my BIOS from a usb drive (I tried two) or a cd, I get the error "no drives found."

This is through the Q Flash utility.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back