Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3, i52500k, Rad HD 6850, Lion/SnoLe

Status
Not open for further replies.
xwin78 said:
I made sure all settings BIOS were correct...is there some trice to running the AppleRTC fix?

After running it I still have reboot on wake

Thanks again

The AppleRTC fix is applied using the Terminal. Simply copy the whole command and paste into Terminal. Make sure the whole command has no line break (return), otherwise when pasting each line separated with return will be treated as separate command and will fail

I read a little bit about your issue and it seems the AppleRTC fix does not resolve reboot issues with waking up. It only prevents CMOS reset on wake, therefore there is no need to revert the BIOS settings on startup.

Make sure your BIOS version is f11, the DSDT is also for BIOS f11, the filename of DSDT file is DSDT.aml in /Extra folder and you have the latest Chimera. Double check you have the right DSDT file, it is easy to make a mistake when replacing the old one or install the wrong version.

I would also recommend installing the newest ethernet linux driver Lnx2Mac using the latest Multibeast. If you loos Ethernet connectivity after installing this driver, it means you had installed Realtec driver before which adds extensions to the IONetworkingFamily.kext. In such a case, revert the IONetworkingFamily.kext to the factory version.

I don't have an update helper that gives me an option for "before" and "after" update. Anyway, I am stuck on a gray screen when trying to boot from HD using this method.

Ok so i did your install again and even used your update helper with a "before" and "after" option. Applied everything as you listed, but I still come up short on the final reboot, with the screen remaining gray. No kernel panic, just a gray screen and the OS won't load.

Made my system, followed this guide, everything seems to work spectacularly, with the exception of my boot times. I'm looking at about 2:45 before I get to the Snow Leopard Desktop, with a good chunk of that being just the dull blue screen after the apple logo page. Anyone have any suggestions? I ran in verbose mode and saw that it hung at the very end
"
AppleRTL8169Ethernet: phyWaitForAutoNegotiation TIMEOUT
SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload
SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload"

Hoparvilla said:
Made my system, followed this guide, everything seems to work spectacularly, with the exception of my boot times. I'm looking at about 2:45 before I get to the Snow Leopard Desktop, with a good chunk of that being just the dull blue screen after the apple logo page. Anyone have any suggestions? I ran in verbose mode and saw that it hung at the very end
"
SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload
SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload"

look at the last post in this thread

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25415

Thanks for the reply Wayne. So I did change the VGA option in my bios, didn't get the error, but still hangs on the AppleRTL8169Ethernet: phyWaitForAutoNegotiation TIMEOUT. I think this may be because I don't have ethernet plugged in?

Anyways, modified the boot order and that helped out a lot as well, but I still do hang on the gray screen before the desktop for a while (~1min), any other suggestions? Would upgrading to Lion potentially eliminate this long boot time?

perhaps using the new RTL8xxx would help?

if it's an ethernet kext that it's hanging on that should do the trick with this motherboard.

I guys, hope you can help me with my problem.

I installed everything thanks to this guide, but even after installing multibeast and chimera, I can boot the SL install only with the iBoot CD inside the drive!

If I select the HD as first boot device, the system doesn't start :( it seems the bootloader didn't install, but I tried twice!

any suggestion? :(
of course I formatted the HD in GUID while installing..

thanks a lot in advance!
bye

EDIT: I also tried installed a standalone chameleon installer package on the mac boot volume, but still it doesn't work, it seems I can't install it at all! :( what can be the reason of that? :(

I think there is something wrong with the HD partioning scheme or the Mac volume not being active.. here you are some more information about my config:
Code:
Mac-Pro-di-Fiammanghilla:~ Fiammanghilla$ diskutil list /dev/disk0
/dev/disk0
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *1.0 TB     disk0
   1:                        EFI                         209.7 MB   disk0s1
   2:                  Apple_HFS Mac                     80.0 GB    disk0s2
   3:                  Apple_HFS Fiammanghilla           919.7 GB   disk0s3
Mac-Pro-di-Fiammanghilla:~ Fiammanghilla$ fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0
fdisk: /dev/rdisk0: Permission denied
Mac-Pro-di-Fiammanghilla:~ Fiammanghilla$ sudo fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0
Password:
Enter 'help' for information
fdisk: 1> print
Disk: /dev/rdisk0	geometry: 121601/255/63 [1953525168 sectors]
Offset: 0	Signature: 0xAA55
         Starting       Ending
 #: id  cyl  hd sec -  cyl  hd sec [     start -       size]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
 1: EE 1023 254  63 - 1023 254  63 [         1 - 1953525167] <Unknown ID>
 2: 00    0   0   0 -    0   0   0 [         0 -          0] unused      
 3: 00    0   0   0 -    0   0   0 [         0 -          0] unused      
 4: 00    0   0   0 -    0   0   0 [         0 -          0] unused      
fdisk: 1>

I have laready tried to make the partition #3 active but when tring to save it says it can not do that.. all the above outputs seem good to you? I think there is something wrong..

thanks in advance bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back