Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3, i52500k, Rad HD 6850, Lion/SnoLe

Status
Not open for further replies.
raja1234 said:
ok do you think the outputs will be the same on the xfx model?

I confirm that , top connections work

aznguyen316 said:
Anyway, I noticed in OP you said you got dual working via display port + top DVI. Was this referring to the onboard graphics from the Gigabyte board or to your 6850?

Finally, during the initial boot to load BIOS etc, can I use the GPU to display video or does it need to be first hooked up to the MB video options? Thanks!

1. From my 6850.
2. Either, but I recommend using the MB's until after you install at least the MultiBeast since OSX tends to KP until it has the correct drivers for the video card.

===
-Also, I've answered a few questions related to this build in pm. Try to post questions here so others can learn. I also just had my first child very recently and it might take me a few days to get back to you.

Frostcall, although you didn't have the 8GB to create the Lion partition internally, if there is the space, the installation should work the same as Tony's instructions, correct? (hopefully without the need to delete the files you did)

Have you hooked up your front case USB 3.0 ports if you have any? Mine aren't working but I was thinking maybe the plug got disconnected from the mobo. Figured I'd ask before I open it up again.

aznguyen316 said:
Have you hooked up your front case USB 3.0 ports if you have any? Mine aren't working but I was thinking maybe the plug got disconnected from the mobo. Figured I'd ask before I open it up again.

Mine are not working either.

i have an asus led monitor ml248. it has one vga port and one hdmi port. i have the exact other components as you. am i screwed because of the no dvi port? thanks.

jwb3287 said:
i have an asus led monitor ml248. it has one vga port and one hdmi port. i have the exact other components as you. am i screwed because of the no dvi port? thanks.

No. I use a DVI to HDMI adapter.

Hi Frostcall, I am going to have a Apple Cine display with mini DP connection only.

According on your report, it seem your Gigabyte 6850 display card can get the DP port working, do you think it can also connect to a native display with native display port?

thx ;)

hellowe said:
Hi Frostcall, I am going to have a Apple Cine display with mini DP connection only.

According on your report, it seem your Gigabyte 6850 display card can get the DP port working, do you think it can also connect to a native display with native display port?

thx ;)[/quote

I don't know but it's well worth a try!

Hi,

first of all, thanks for the great thread. Helped to get anything up and running. I just have one issue with sleep at all. In general, sleep is working fine, but I always have to press my keyboard and click the mouse a few times, till its up again. Any idea? Thanks

Knutbert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back