Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3, i52500k, Rad HD 6850, Lion/SnoLe

Status
Not open for further replies.
mowakk said:
Sleep works! The only issue is that the Mbox goes into standby mode and won't wake up when the computer does. It's easily solved by unplugging it and plugging it back in. I wake it up with the keyboard. I think clicking the mouse works as well, but I will have to check again when I get home to be sure.

EDIT: just checked, clicking the mouse does wake it up:)

Do you need to use PleaseSleep or does it sleep correctly with just the Energy Saver?

My sleep works (most of the time) from energy saver. I have noticed a few issues. After coming back from sleep, sometimes, the audio doesn't work in some programs like Preview, VLC, Quicktime. Also, after going through about 15 sleep/wake cycles, my system rebooted on me. It could be unrelated of course.

So following this guide, but using the Database DSDT instead of the one provided, I've been able to get updated to 10.6.8 with audio and networking running smoothly.

Now i can't seem to get it to recognize the Gigabyte HD 6850 I have installed. The power cable is connected, but when i boot the computer if i plug into any DVI or DisplayPort nothing will come up, and even switching back to the integrated graphics, i get nothing. Only if i boot with the DVI connected directly to the motherboard do i get an image on my monitor.

Any ideas or tips to help get me going? Any way to diagnose the issue? Nothing shows up in the system profiler for PCI cards, but i don't know if it would..

Ultimately i'm trying to get Blackmagic Ultrascopes to run as well, but it refuses to run with the current screen resolution so I can't tell if the card is being recognized, it doesn't show up in system profiler either, but it is currently removed until i can get the graphics card to function..

thanks so much for any help!

In the BIOS, tell it to automatically turn off the onboard when video card is installed. I forget the option off the top of my head but it should be something like 'auto'.

Also, try booting up to a live linux CD/DVD to see if it's a hardware or software issue. If it boots up fine to the Live Linux CD/DVD then it's a software issue, if it doesn't, then it might be a hardware issue. I suggest Linux Mint, a derivative of Ubuntu but it comes with more drivers.

Let us know the outcome.

Awesome thread! Very cool tutorial! I followed Frostcall's "step-by-step" guide and got mostly working Hackintosh. Thank you all! :headbang:

I have same MB and GPU.

I'm still testin this beast, so far I'm going to slit things that don't work.

May be somebody can help me with this.... Please.

1. Sleep.
2. Cannot get wright resolution on any display (have only DVI cable in my current possession, waiting on some Display port cables to arrive).
3. Screen Shots thing is not working. I click Shift+Command+3 (or Shift+Command+4) hear "shutter release sound" and screen shots not appearing anywhere. Tried to search for them - zero, nada.

Tried to update to Lion. First it went smooth, Lion (10.7) booted, I got to desktop. I ran Multibeast. It crashed and I got kernel panic. :banghead: After that system never booted again. I tried all possible solutions but.... well, 10.6.8 is still very operational OS X for me :D

Got very nice (I think) Geekbench results:

Click for large view - Uploaded with Skitch

Still deciding what Wi-Fi card to get. Any ideas? I need something reliable, long range.

Well, I've had great success with just about everything. However, I can only get sound out of speakers and headphones when I plug into the green line out jack. My surround system has 3 plugs, designed to go into the three corresponding jacks, but if I use those, I don't get anything.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Hi all, I followed the guide step by step going very slowly so as not to make mistakes, however when I went to reboot again after installing MultiBeast, I booted to a bunch of boot0 errors when Loading Operating System screen came up:

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: GPT
boot0: error

Can anyone help with this? Thanks!!

EDIT:: apparently this is due to my 2 TB HDD. MultiBeast doesn't like anything larger than 1TB

Frostcall said:
In the BIOS, tell it to automatically turn off the onboard when video card is installed. I forget the option off the top of my head but it should be something like 'auto'.

Also, try booting up to a live linux CD/DVD to see if it's a hardware or software issue. If it boots up fine to the Live Linux CD/DVD then it's a software issue, if it doesn't, then it might be a hardware issue. I suggest Linux Mint, a derivative of Ubuntu but it comes with more drivers.

Let us know the outcome.

No Luck it seems.. i burned the Linux mint to a dvd, and have the computer set to boot from CD first.

With the monitor connected to the onboard VGA, i get picture, and i even get full resolution out of the display! when it boots into osx, i only get 1024x768.

I put in a Radeon HD 4870 for Mac and used Multibeast to install the ATI injectors and still get nothing with osx or linux. it's as if it's not seeing anything in the PCI slots..

would there be any other weird Bios setting that's causing it to ignore the PCI slots?

I have my Bios set to:
Init Display First: PCIE x16
Onboard VGA: Auto

Hello I'm thinking of using the xfx radeon hd 6850 will all the outputs work as they should and will the resolution be correct?

Something I did made it kernel panic.
I updated to Lion 10.7.1 and rebooted, everything booted up, no sound (of course).
So, I ran multibeast and selected exactly the same settings I had posted on teh front page with 1 exception. I selected macpro instead of imac.
Now, on boot, I get a kernel panic. -x doesn't help and PCIRootUID=1 doesn't help.

Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back