Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3, i52500k, Rad HD 6850, Lion/SnoLe

Status
Not open for further replies.
knutbert said:
Hi,

first of all, thanks for the great thread. Helped to get anything up and running. I just have one issue with sleep at all. In general, sleep is working fine, but I always have to press my keyboard and click the mouse a few times, till its up again. Any idea? Thanks
Knutbert

You have to use the keyboard to wake from what I've seen on both my MacBook and this system. My monitor on this system takes about 8 seconds to wake and the motherboard takes a few as well.

Well, I've now tried it with my keyboard. Nevertheless if I choose keyboard, mouse or power button, if I just press once, the system wakes up and goes directly into sleep again without displaying anything. I have to press multiple times and don't know why...

Knutbert

@ Frostcall

Thx for this guide. I followed it and got Lion working on my 2nd attempt.

"works like magic" :D

dunes

FINALLY GOT MY MACHINE WORKING!

I apparently had a bad motherboard that wouldn't see the PCI slots. On a hunch i got a replacement and everything worked the first time i tried! I'm staying on 10.6.8 for now, but wanted to say thanks so much for all the help in this thread!

Glad to hear you got the problem solved. I hate getting a bad MB. It's rare and it's frustrating to no end.

Hy Folks,
I have build quite a few hackintoshs now. With the z68mx ud2h B3 i don't have any luck. it boots iBoot fine then I swap for the SL DVD. It shows up..I select it...then the grey screen with Apple Logo appears ..and that was it..nothing happens.

i use BIOS F5...only One Stick of RAM..4GB Kingston. I have tried onboard DVI, VGA and HDMI..with the Same result. I also Set BIOS the way it is described in the First post. Processor is a 2500K...only a LG Bluray Drive an a Kingston SSD is connected via the White and Blue SATA.Ports.

Please help.

It looks like your issue is probably with the BD drive, I'd suggest swapping it out for a regular DVD drive for installation purposes and seeing what happens. If that doesn't work, most people seem to have success with the Sony Optiarc drives.

is there a dsdt for the f9 bios yet? If not i'll just downgrade it back. Was wondering why my build was failing again. hopefully this is why.

Element515 said:
is there a dsdt for the f9 bios yet? If not i'll just downgrade it back. Was wondering why my build was failing again. hopefully this is why.

There isn't yet for this board (v1.0). Only the F5. Good luck!

My thoughts about graphics cards. Don't just use a card you have laying around. Life is easier when you use cards that Apple supports Out Of Box OOB. Check these threads.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/specs.html
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15798

Then you can set up 3 vertical monitors like this...
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=103 ... tcount=996

I guess most people don't need more than 1 monitor. 2 monitors should work though. For 3, there is some strange hardware reality on mac and PC alike, where at least one of the 3 must be a DisplayPort monitor (or possibly use an active adapter). I wonder though Frostcall what System Information or "Go into Terminal and type: ioreg | grep ATY" (see viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15798 ) have to say about your graphics. I went with a bog standard 5770 (the one with 4 outputs) and everything looks good, though I haven't got hold of a 2nd or 3rd monitor to plug in yet.

My network wasn't working, but I suspect that turning it back on in the BIOS will fix it. :rolleyes: Hmmm... turned it on in BIOS... reinstalled it with EasyBeast... still no network. Is it possible that installing Chimera 1.5.3 messed with things? MultiBeast says "Official Realtek 2.0.6 driver for 81xx Ethernet controllers. Installed in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns. Install with System Utilities tasks." but when I open the package there I don't see anything new or that says Realtek. Does MultiBeast create an error log?

Also... sleeps and doesn't wake up. Any thoughts?I did a straight Lion install more or less like this one http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... -lion.html OK I'm not sure what fixed it but here is a thread about sleep and my sleep works now. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1165&start=0&view=print

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back