Contribute
Register

SUCCESS GA Z68-MA-D2H-B3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Stork, thanks for replying as well.

Well, I want to use the best way to install OS X so please go ahead and suggest.

Here's a small update to my build:

1. Used UniBeast to build Lion Boot Drive on my USB HDD
2. Boot from USB, installed Lion.
3. Booted hard drive with Lion install, with Unibeast USB
4. Executed MuliBeast (DSDT and other stuff)
5. Restarted.....
6. System halted after BIOS....restarted again.....Lion booted off of hard drive!

Okay, I've noticed my speakers POP. Any suggestions?

Sal..

I followed the Zorro build, selected ALC8xxxHDA and AppleHDA rollback...i then went back and installed toleda's 889 kext from Multibeast.

It pops when audio starts coming through the speakers.....if I play something continuous, the it pops once. If I play music or sound after a few minutes of silence, it pops just before playing.

I'm using a Mac Mini definition....I switched and tried MacPro but got a kernel panic on boot, so I went back to Mac Mini.

saviour_c,

There's something wrong with your audio connection, cables and/or speakers. Zorro's speakers (or any audio connection) do not experience pops, etc.

Stork said:
saviour_c,

There's something wrong with your audio connection, cables and/or speakers. Zorro's speakers (or any audio connection) do not experience pops, etc.

But it's just a cable plugging into the Line Out jack. On my previous build, I used the same speakers and no pop (different mobo of course).

Hmmm. Could have sworn they had the same Realtek audio chipset.

Stork said:
Hmmm. Could have sworn they had the same Realtek audio chipset.

First of all, thanks once again for all your input!

I went to Gigabyte's website and looked up my board (rev. 1.3), it has the Realtek ALC889 codec.

But I will try the kext file and report back tonight.

Sal..

I have an almost identical rig and have everything working except audio. I've tried everything that fellow forumites have suggested but to no avail. Although I enjoy a challenge, I've chickened out and purchased a Lindy USB sound dongle that I am reliably informed should produce some sound. Quality may not be as good, but this is not my main computer and I'm happy with "TV" quality, as opposed to "hi-fi" sound.

Do you think a problem might be the system definition? Mac Mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back