4. Performa
  5. Plus
  6. Power Mac
  7. PowerBook
  8. Quadra
  9. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Having some trouble with the same build.
I keep getting the Voodoo Kernel panic.
Could not start with iBoot (3.2) It just locks up so I used I boot legacy because, well it worked or so I thought.
Any suggestions?
Same MB. Same RAM, same processor.
ASUS DVD-RW

kevin K Haz

Ok thanks Julian.

I was also wondering if there was anything else you had to do to get your build working? I'm planning on buying the same motherboard and graphics so it would be good to know if there's anything I have to look out for. Also, do you know if the graphics card works in Snow Leopard as well?

Ok thanks a lot! If you could also find that ethernet fix it would be very appreciated.

Jeremy

Ok thanks.

Hey Julian I was also wondering if dual displays work well?

Thanks

Same MOBO and CPU. No GPU (discrete). 8Gb G.Skill DDR3 1600 Ripjaw. 10.7.3 usb install w/ no issues. Have never slept the machine so not sure of that.

Hi Julian, glad to read about your success.

I have just ordered the same GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 mobo and i5-2500K CPU. No video card just yet, will use HD 3000. I've also ordered 16GB of Mushkin 1600Mhz RAM.

Any tips you can offer would be greatly appreciated for smooth sailing.

I own a Hackintosh but it was pieced together from a friend, so now I want to attempt a build on my own for a machine that'll be a little faster.

Thanks.

Thanks Julian. Looking over the instructions, it SEEMS (dare it say it) simple and straight forward.

I just have to get my hands on Lion and prepare a bootable USB drive.

The CPU and Mobo used was taken from Tony's CustMac page, I hope it just WORKS.

saviour_c said:
...No video card just yet, will use HD 3000...
Since Julian's build uses a graphics card, I refer you to my Zorro build to set up your BIOS properly for HD 3000.

Have you determined how you'll install Lion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back