Contribute
Register

SUCCESS GA Z68-MA-D2H-B3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I changed my system definition to MacPro 3,1 and the POP stopped.

Many thanks!

Just to confirm that the Lindy USB sound dongle works a treat. 10.7.4 recognised it and to be honest, the sound quality is no worse than a low-mid end dedicated sound card or on -board audio. :clap:

All I need to do now is sort out the "sleep" arrangement and it will be job done.

But can I ask a general question? Last week I installed Windows 7 using VM Fusion V4 and all was well. Having both systems available "as one" was very useful, but when I tried to move my Lion installation (with Windows) to the Snow Leopard partition I started with, Time machine didn't want to know. I uninstalled VM Fusion and all was well. I now have Mac OS and Windows running in a dual boot arrangement but would like to go back to a virtual machine arrangement if only I ccan rely on the Time Machine back ups working.

So updating to 10.7.4 went well. I ran a benchmark test with NovaBench and beat all my previous results.

One thing though....I can't change my desktop wallpaper. Either going through System Pref or right clicking on the image itself to make it my wallpaper....it doesn't change.

Has anyone heard of this?

Sal..

So I re-installed and the wallpaper is can be changed.

One thing I did after updating 10.7.4 (the first time) was replace the DOCK app from 10.7.1 so my LaunchPad icons are smaller. Do you think replacing the DOCK app caused the issue with my wallpaper?

Apologies if this is old hat, but on my hackintosh journey, I'm coming across issues that most of you will be familiar with.

On Monday I took delivery of an apple wireless keyboard and am mightily pleased with it. But when booting up last night I discovered something that I should have occured to me. I am using a Belkin bluetooth adapter which works great but it only connects after Lion has loaded. What I need is keyboard connection during POST so that i can access Chimera options, use boot flags, etc. Having researched this on the internet, the two approaches seem to be either to buy a suitable bluetooth adapter that will work during POST, or fire up the keyboard (by getting the green light to come on) immediately after powering up the computer, and then pressing any key (the option key?).

Mt Belkin adapter works perfectly well and I can't see the point in having to replace it if there is another way of getting the keyboard to fire up during POST. But is there a specific methodology involved or sequence of key choices?

I also read somewhere that you should pair the keyboard first in Windows if you have a dual boot system - which I do. Should I try this as well?

Anyone has any luck of getting the USB 3.0 to work?

Nobody has native USB 3 speed yet running OS X, that I'm aware of. Apple has not released a desktop with USB 3 hardware, yet. However, thelostswede, tonymacx86, MacMan and other smart moderators are working hard to make this happen. thelostswede should have an article on USB 3 soon. Keep the faith.

Thanks for the guide, I made almost the same hack and is working expectacular, although I have only one problem:

When I connect something like a mouse or a PEndrive in the USB 3.0 ports works fine, but when I try to unplugged It gets me a kernel panic and I have to restart the Hackintosh.

I have tried installing the USB 3.0 - NEC/Renesas from the multibest and didn't work.

I have in my hack:
- Z68MA D2H B3
- i5 2500k
- 4gb ram kingstone Hiperx
- Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back