Contribute
Register

[Success] GA Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 + i7-8700k + RX5700XT + OC

Can I use the modified bios for my z370 aorus gaming 5 rev V1.0?

do not care about wifi, only for CFG lock with open core

dears
upgrade from catilina 10.15.7 to Big Sur without any issue. first download of Big Sur failed after 90%, then it downloaded 11.3 form apple succesfully and i upgraded to 11.4 afterwards. My new Radeon 6900XT is recognized from mac 11.4, seem to work fine!
i used the EFI from Spartan711, works fine what i see, at the moment without CFG lock option. SMBIOS i left to my 18.3 due to historic reason, my existing serial and UUID works great with icloud. if i change SMBIOS, i need probably new serial, uuid and log off icloud first. When i installed this pc, the 19.x SMBIOS did not exisit. so remain on 18.3 for now.
upgraded to OC 0.71.
if the radeon is really used for video file conversion etc i need to check. also DRM here not working. finetuning to come.

question: does the cfg lock bios / setting have any negative effect on my native windows boot ?

thanks again.

Much thanks for your Guide.

Any chance of getting your iMacPro 1.1 OC 0.71 EFI Folder or is the one linked in the OP updated to OC 0.71?
unfortunately I don't have a updated OC version of the iMacPro 1.1 and Catalina. I switched to BigSur and got a working config with OC 76. Maybe you want to give it a try. I linked the EFI folder over here.

Hi Guys

I figured it's time to update my system but I can't seems to even get to the installer..
I'm on 10.13.6 since I did my hack from guides on this forum.
Clover 4.4.5.8
iMac14.2
Aorus z370 gaming 7 v.1.0 bios F4
i7-8700k
Sapphire RX 580 8gb Pulse
32gigs..
Samsung 970 nvme

Everything works fine for since the installation (few years no problem) and I though I'll go with Monterey + OpenCore 0.7.8

I did everything from Dortania's guide BUT when I boot from usb stick and choose to install Monterey I get kernel panic..
I did acpi files in windows using SSDTTime but on prebuild ones I also had kernel panic..

I know there are guys here with identical specs as me so can I ask for some help please?

I'd like to stay with F4 bios. Could that be a problem?

ALSO I messed up when I got another nvme (xpg gammix s11 pro) drive to install win10. I didn't unplug ssd with hackintosh (samsung 970 evo) and of course now my windows boot manager is on hackintosh ssd I think (from the picture below). Is there a simple way to fix windows ssd boot partition cause it doesn't exist at the moment and if I want to boot to win10 I have to F12 when system starts and choose it from the bios. It wasn't a problem for me at all so I didn't bother to fix it but now if I want to update to Monterey I have to format the ssd with hack and the boot manager will be gone so I won't even be able to boot to win10 if I fail to install Monterey. How can I fix this?

Attachments

• efi tree.png
    efi tree.png
    207.2 KB · Views: 52
  • bios boot.jpeg
    bios boot.jpeg
    425.9 KB · Views: 43
  • opencore-2022-06-19-152743.txt
    256 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Do you want to start here maybe

Post in thread '[Success] GA-Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 + i7-8700K + RX 5700 XT + OC'
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-7-i7-8700k-rx-5700-xt-oc.311150/post-2318365

same board. With my Efi folder it should work. i have Big Sur still but should work with Monterey
put serial etc in.
iMac 14 will not work i think with Monterey. Go to iMac 19 or so.
careful with cig lock option. Either you put that into you board and disable or change config. will not Boot otherwise

any reason for the old bios ver ?
Cheers Franz

Back