Contribute
Register

[Success] GA Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 + i7-8700k + RX5700XT + OC

Do you want to start here maybe

Post in thread '[Success] GA-Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 + i7-8700K + RX 5700 XT + OC'
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-7-i7-8700k-rx-5700-xt-oc.311150/post-2318365

same board. With my Efi folder it should work. i have Big Sur still but should work with Monterey
put serial etc in.
iMac 14 will not work i think with Monterey. Go to iMac 19 or so.
careful with cig lock option. Either you put that into you board and disable or change config. will not Boot otherwise

any reason for the old bios ver ?
Cheers Franz
Old bios cause I didn't need to update since 2018 when I installed 10.13.6... It just worked so I didn't bother. Now I just need to update the system cause some things aren't compatible anymore, ex. latest Final Cut Pro X.

But I know if I update the BIOS, my current hack won't work probably cause it's just old Clover 4.4.6.8
I don't have the knowledge to try to fix it so I thought if I will be able to prepare Monterey USB installer to the point where I can actually install the system then I'll update the bios first. Is it necessary to update it?

Like 10min ago I tried to put CFGlock.efi to EFI/Tool and ulocked the CFG, changed the AppleCpuPmCfgLock to TRUE, and AppleXcpmCfgLock also TRUE but I still got kernel panic, so I locked the cfg with CFGlock.efi back where it was for now.
This is the log with unlocked cfg in bios. I don't see any errors there but still I got kernel panic.
So what else apart from Imac19,1, serial, ROM, uuid I have to change in your config to try in my case? I have rx 580 and I use it to drive the display.. iGPU is only for computing power.

ps. And on my F4 bios I don't have CFGlock so I need to change in your config.plist --> AppleCpuPmCfgLock (FALSE) and AppleXcpmCfgLock (TRUE) ?

Attachments

• opencore z tool cfglock efi.txt
    255.9 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Old bios cause I didn't need to update since 2018 when I installed 10.13.6... It just worked so I didn't bother. Now I just need to update the system cause some things aren't compatible anymore, ex. latest Final Cut Pro X.

ps. And on my F4 bios I don't have CFGlock so I need to change in your config.plist --> AppleCpuPmCfgLock (FALSE) and AppleXcpmCfgLock (TRUE) ?

@cin0

I have a similar build with the same board. I have an i9-9900K, RX 580, 32 GB, BIOS F14, OpenCore 0.8.1, Monterey 12.4. I have a Fenvi T919 card for native WiFi/Bluetooth, and a flashed GC-Titan Ridge AIC for TB3.

I would suggest that you upgrade to BIOS F14. I've been using it since it was released and never had problems with it with any macOS version. With older Gigabyte boards the BIOS can generally be flashed to a new BIOS, and if problems resulted could be flashed back to the former BIOS. I don't know if the F4 file is still available in case you needed to revert.

I have attached the EFI I use. It uses iMac19,1 in EFI/OC/config.plist ->PlatformInfo. You will need to enter your own System Serial Number, System UUID, and MLB serial.

I use OpenCore Configurator to edit my config.plist file. You will have to use the version of OpenCore Configurator for OpenCore 0.8.1. (Every time the OC version changes a new version of OpenCore Configurator is required.)

In the config.plist file under Kernel you do need to have AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock enabled. See attached screenshot.

Attached is my EFI as perhaps a place to start. You can use a thumb drive and copy the EFI folder to the EFI partition. Boot with the F12 key down and select the thumb drive to use that EFI. When you get to OpenCore's "Canopy" drive selection screen pick your existing drive and see if it boots.

If it boots your hack, then you should make a clone of your existing drive, move the new EFI to your internal drive, boot to the internal drive and use a macOS installer to install Monterey.

Always have a bootable backup on an external drive for a safe fallback!

Since we use different cases, the USB ports in my EFI will probably need to be remapped for them to work properly with your case.

I hope this helps some. You can definitely use OpenCore and Monterey with this board.

Attachments

• OC 0.8.1 Kernel.png
    OC 0.8.1 Kernel.png
    255.9 KB · Views: 98
  • EFI_OC_0.8.1_Monterey.zip
    11.5 MB · Views: 91
@NCMacGuy

Thanks for your EFI. Unfortunately it doesn't work. I get the nice looking picker with
> windows
> install monterey
and if I choose installer I see apple logo and after a minute or so I get freeze..
Daaamn... I think I'll try to update the bios, cause I'm not sure what else to do. I've tried twice to redo from scratch from dortanias guide, I've tried different OC versions, prebuilt ssdt's, my own ssdt's, EFI's from 2 people from forum, tried to unlock CFGlock with the .efi tool... Always kernel panic at the end..

I don't know what I'm doing :D
Maybe the bios is really too old for this? I just bought the board in 2018 with this F4 bios and never touched it since.. There was no need cause my computer specs are from golden build at that time. I was able to install High Sierra no problem at first attempt without any knowledge but now I'm really struggling. I guess my computer is still very compatible with any version of macOS so it might be the BIOS....

Last edited:
UPDATE

Ok, I've managed to get to the installer!! I'm still on F4 BIOS. Here is the solution I've found I have to change these 3 things to get past kernel panic.

• EnableWriteUnprotector -> True
  • RebuildAppleMemoryMap -> False
  • SyncRuntimePermissions -> False

Now I have to fix my other ssd with windows 10 (not bootable) and I'll try to install Monterey!

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone made it on Ventura yet? My config runs great up to Monterey but no luck with Ventura so far on the Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 with the 5700 XT. OC 0.8.3

Attachments

• IMG_5258.jpg
    IMG_5258.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 62
Has anyone made it on Ventura yet? My config runs great up to Monterey but no luck with Ventura so far on the Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 with the 5700 XT. OC 0.8.3

@mig3000

I just installed the Ventura Public Beta on my Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 hackintosh which has an RX 580 card. It installed without any problems. One must use OpenCore 0.8.3 and update all kexts to the latest versions. Lilu.kext must be version 1.6.2.

OpenCore 0.8.3 and Lilu.kext 1.6.2 are available here. Select the desired file from the drop-down list.

I don't know if your 5700 XT is the cause of your problem.

Would you still make your EFI available to me? Maybe there's a reason I don't understand...
or take a look at me if you notice something in my EFI

@mig3000

For security reasons you may want to delete your EFI.zip file posted above because you left various serial numbers and UUID numbers in the PlatformInfo section.

A couple things that may, or may not help:

1) The Bootstrap folder in the EFI is not used with OC and should be removed. (Apparently currently ignored.)
2) Misc -> Security -> DmgLoading set value to "Signed"
3) Misc -> Security -> SecureBootModel set value to "Default"
4) DeviceProperties -> Add can remove the PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) entry
5) A couple quirks are different from what I use, but may make no difference.
6) Do you have any problems with USB ports? You use USBInjectAll.kext and USBPort.kext along with SSDT-UIAC.aml which would seem to cause conflicts? Shouldn't be an issue with your startup though.

Attached is my EFI. I have removed my info from PlatformInfo section so you must put yours in. In NVRAM boot-args I added the agdpmod=pikera arguement which I don't use with my RX-580. I have a Titan Ridge TB AIC so I have disabled a couple items in the ACPI section. My USBPorts.kext won't work for you.

You can give my EFI a shot to see if it works any better. It seems odd that your EFI works with Monterey, but not Ventura.

Attachments

• Z370_Gaming_7_Ventura_EFI.zip
    11.6 MB · Views: 123
Great, thank you. I regenerated the PlatformInfo section instead of deleting it, but it's better this way. I'll do it next time.

Ventura works with your EFI without any problems, I only have to change the Platform ID to 30 for the sound, which is also for the Z370 Gaming 7. Monterey works with this too.

I applied your suggestions to my config to see if it works. But does not cause any change.
I forgot to delete the USBInjectAll.kext and USBPort.kext after I created the SSDT.

After work I compare our two EFIs, maybe I can see why it won't boot

sorry have only recently upgraded to Monterey 12.5 !
OC 0.79 still fine for Monterey.

@mig3000

For security reasons you may want to delete your EFI.zip file posted above because you left various serial numbers and UUID numbers in the PlatformInfo section.

A couple things that may, or may not help:

1) The Bootstrap folder in the EFI is not used with OC and should be removed. (Apparently currently ignored.)
2) Misc -> Security -> DmgLoading set value to "Signed"
3) Misc -> Security -> SecureBootModel set value to "Default"
4) DeviceProperties -> Add can remove the PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) entry
5) A couple quirks are different from what I use, but may make no difference.
6) Do you have any problems with USB ports? You use USBInjectAll.kext and USBPort.kext along with SSDT-UIAC.aml which would seem to cause conflicts? Shouldn't be an issue with your startup though.

Attached is my EFI. I have removed my info from PlatformInfo section so you must put yours in. In NVRAM boot-args I added the agdpmod=pikera arguement which I don't use with my RX-580. I have a Titan Ridge TB AIC so I have disabled a couple items in the ACPI section. My USBPorts.kext won't work for you.

You can give my EFI a shot to see if it works any better. It seems odd that your EFI works with Monterey, but not Ventura.
I can confirm this EFI worked for the aorus gaming 7 Mainboard with a rx560. Thank you for sharing. (All kexts and Open core updated)

Back