Contribute
Register

[Success] GA Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 + i7-8700k + RX5700XT + OC

So,do I have to upload my settings from Macial to make me one unique for my build or can I use these ones?
Thanks
Use one of the above that is the same bios version as what you have.
Set up the ACPI section of OpenCore like attached.

Attachments

• Add.png
    Add.png
    307.7 KB · Views: 103
  • Delete.png
    Delete.png
    302.7 KB · Views: 106
  • Patch.png
    Patch.png
    322.1 KB · Views: 117
Must be keyboard or mouse or something on USB if you're having to remove _PRW from XHC.
Maybe you need a clean install?

I've attached edited F14 and F15a DSDT's for this board.
These are both tested and work with sleep for me and many others.

It is a clean install! :)
Thanks!

It is a clean install! :)
Thanks!
No idea why you're having sleep issues?
Did you uncheck everything in Energy Saver apart from "put hard discs to sleep when possible"?

No idea..
Yes, I did.
Is the puter not going to sleep or is it not waking up, once it's asleep?
USB handoff enabled in the bios?

I just downloaded and tested both of those DSDT's and they work good here.

It's waking up immediately after sleep.
USB handoff enabled.
You have the IGPU in config.plist Device Properties which means it's being injected.
Try having IGFX enabled in the bios (not set to auto) and remove it from Device Properties.
This will allow it to be used just for hardware acceleration and may improve performance.
(this is how I run this board)

Other than that, there may be a piece of software you have installed which is waking up the puter.
Also, try with a different mouse and (or) keyboard.

I noticed you didn't have the Atheros Lan kext in there so that could cause an issue as this board has two different Lan ports.
See attached, updated Clover folder and OpenCore EFI with bios 15a DSDT, AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext added, and IGPU injection removed.
See if this helps?

Edit!
I've just enabled trim on the Clover folder.
Edit!
Only use the folders where your name is spelt right (latest ones) as you had no HFS driver in Clover.

Attachments

• Stathman OpenCore EFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 109
  • Stathman CLOVER.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Hi, long time lurker...

First, thank you for sharing knowledge. I was on clover and an older bios for 3 years until now, finally upgraded to 15a. I am able to boot using your dsdt but getting acpi errors which leads me to believe something with dsdt?

I've attached my dump (clover-f4) in the hope you can take a look and patch it correctly.

Thanks!

Attachments

• robot-dsdt-f15a.aml
    179.4 KB · Views: 44
Hi, long time lurker...

First, thank you for sharing knowledge. I was on clover and an older bios for 3 years until now, finally upgraded to 15a. I am able to boot using your dsdt but getting acpi errors which leads me to believe something with dsdt?

I've attached my dump (clover-f4) in the hope you can take a look and patch it correctly.

Thanks!
Attached are two edited DSDT's
Large Table and Small Table. (Go with the one you think runs best)
ALC ID is set to 16 on both DSDT's. (Best for this board)
Make sure you don't have the audio id anywhere in config.plist as that could give give errors because it's already in there.

Try Stathman's OpenCore EFI with the SMBios and serial changed to yours.
You shouldn't be getting any ACPI errors if you run either DSDT on it's own!
The last guy that was getting ACPI errors turned out to be down to an SSDT he was using for his graphics card.
Once that was removed, everything was fine.

Attachments

• Robot Large Table DSDT.aml.zip
    40.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Robot Small Table DSDT.aml.zip
    34.4 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Attached are two edited DSDT's
Large Table and Small Table. (Go with the one you think runs best)
ALC ID is set to 16 on both DSDT's. (Best for this board)
Make sure you don't have the audio id anywhere in config.plist as that could give give errors because it's already in there.

Try Stathman's OpenCore EFI with the SMBios and serial changed to yours.
You shouldn't be getting any ACPI errors if you run either DSDT on it's own!
The last guy that was getting ACPI errors turned out to be down to an SSDT he was using for his graphics card.
Once that was removed, everything was fine.

Appreciate you taking the time, did as you suggested... removed alcid=16 and used the small table you attached. No more ACPI errors. I am using Stathmans EFI with slight adjustments in config. Thanks again!

Back