Contribute
Register

[Success] GA Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 + i7-8700k + RX5700XT + OC

Appreciate you taking the time, did as you suggested... removed alcid=16 and used the small table you attached. No more ACPI errors. I am using Stathmans EFI with slight adjustments in config. Thanks again!
Have fun with it!

Sometimes, using Hackintool to get graphics card info, and putting just that, into Device Properties, can make the card load a bit quicker.

Hello,
you are doing a good job. It is appreciated.
I attach a bios of z370 aorus gaming 7 with the option of CFG LOCK Disable in the peripherals tab. It is a bios sent from gigabyte and there are no problems of any kind when flashing. Is F15a

Attachments

• Z370AORUSGaming7GCF15a.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 100
Hello,
you are doing a good job. It is appreciated.
I attach a bios of z370 aorus gaming 7 with the option of CFG LOCK Disable in the peripherals tab. It is a bios sent from gigabyte and there are no problems of any kind when flashing. Is F15a
This is the actual bios.
I would need a clover F4 vanilla DSDT extract if you want me to edit yours.
Or you can try the attached edited F15a DSDT that Robot is using.

Look at this thread to check how to set up the config.plist in OpenCore and Clover.

Attachments

• Robot Small Table DSDT.aml.zip
    34.4 KB · Views: 59
Hi plexi,
very kind. Here is my clover f4 source folder. Yes, this is the current bios with the possibility to disable CFG lock option (MSR 0xE2). I know it is not necessary in opencore but in clover possibly yes.

Attachments

• origin.zip
    124.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Hi plexi,
very kind. Here is my clover f4 source folder. Yes, this is the current bios with the possibility to disable CFG lock option (MSR 0xE2). I know it is not necessary in opencore but in clover possibly yes.
Here you go.
See attached.

Attachments

• Mimich DSDT.aml.zip
    34.4 KB · Views: 68
I Have installed open core and Catalina with this config

Hello. Anybody try to install Big Sur beta?
I have stopped at:
[eb|'LD:LF] FIO: 0, DIR: 1, P: \\MacOS Install Data\\Locked files\\BootKernelExtensions.kc, DP: 0
OC: Kernel patcher kernel init failure - Invalid parameter
Halting on critical error

while run install after download package and reboot

What can I do to install?

You will need to update a few kexts.

i have latest versions of whatevergreen, Lilu, virtualSMC,applealc and intelmausi kexts. what else I need to update?

i have latest versions of whatevergreen, Lilu, virtualSMC,applealc and intelmausi kexts. what else I need to update?
I've not yet tried Big Sur Beta.
I'm gonna wait till the release version comes out.

On Catalina and Mojave, mine still boots quicker on OpenCore 0.6.0.
(Edit) OC 0.6.1 boots fine with SecureBootModel disabled.

But for Big Sur you may need to update OpenCore to 0.6.1?

Last edited:
Back