Contribute
Register

[Success] GA Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 + i7-8700k + RX5700XT + OC

Hi plexi, I hope you don't mind that I join in in this thread, I am exactly in the same Situation as seattle_hackintosh, same basic Hardware. My System is still running Mojave and I wanted to take the time and migrate to opencore before upgrading further (hopefully big sur).
Bios ist still at F11 and I am hesitend to upgrade because I am afraid to break my working install now. Does the F14 Bios make all the difference? I tried your EFI Folder on a Opencore Bootstick an it reboots right after selecting the system drive in the picker.
I also tried clearing nvram but that only killed my boot entry for clover so I had to redo that. I was hoping for a lazy solution to migrate my Install to open core... should I rather do a clean install? my mojave system should be vanilla pretty much...
Could the bios version make the difference?
Thank you very much!
Cheers,
Fleisch
F14 is way better than F11 and also addresses some CPU security issues.
(Check on the Gigabyte website)
You will not be able to boot from that EFI if you are still on F11, as the DSDT in that EFI is made from a vanilla running F14.
I am running F14 and have a similar EFI running Mojave, Catalina, and Big Sur with everything working perfectly.
Make sure you have IGFX set to enabled and not auto, in the bios, and you should be fine.

Attached is my EFI with but with the serial number changed and USBInjectAll.kext in there instead of the USBPorts.kext so you can make your own USB Map.
Feel free to try it.

Attachments

• Plexi Z370 G7 F14 EFI.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
F14 is way better than F11 and also addresses some CPU security issues.
(Check on the Gigabyte website)
You will not be able to boot from that EFI if you are still on F11, as the DSDT in that EFI is made from a vanilla running F14.
I am running F14 and have a similar EFI running Mojave, Catalina, and Big Sur with everything working perfectly.
Make sure you have IGFX set to enabled and not auto, in the bios, and you should be fine.

Attached is my EFI with but with the serial number changed and USBInjectAll.kext in there instead of the USBPorts.kext so you can make your own USB Map.
Feel free to try it.
You are awesome, thank you! I wouldnt even know how to make a usb map... do i need one? :)

You are awesome, thank you! I wouldnt even know how to make a usb map... do i need one? :)
Just use the Hackintool USB Map guide.
You make your own USBPorts.kext using Hackintool and a couple of USB sticks.

Thank you! I will try and let you know if it works.

Attachments

• Big Sur  Screenshot.png
    Big Sur Screenshot.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 65
Hi Plexi,
Thanks for all your help here!
I had a working hackintosh until a power outage during boot recently. Since then I've had endless trouble getting a workable opencore EFI with my z370 Aorus Gaming 7. I've been through the vanilla guide 0.6.3 several times and always end up with kernel panics after selecting any drive from the OpenCore menu. The most recent kps seemed to be deeper in the boot process and NVME related (pic attached).
I just tried using your most recent upload "plexi-z370-g7-f14-efi". I replaced my EFI folder with this folder and edited the config.plist to have a unique serial, UUID, correct MAC address, etc. Unfortunately it restarts without warning about halfway through the apple logo progress bar.
Basically I'm about to throw my hands up in the air and go back to clover to see if that will work. I'm attaching my vanilla DSDT (via SSDTTime output from Windows side of this machine), EFI folder, and a photo of the kernel panic I'm stuck on. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    179.4 KB · Views: 37
  • EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0515.jpg
    IMG_0515.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 40
Here's how mine is looking, running F14 on that EFI.
thanx, very cool...i just managed to boot my current Mojave install using your EFI. Then i changed the config plist with information from my smbios from clover (serial number etc.). now it won't boot anymore :( I am a little confused as to where to put the information since there is the "Generic" part in Opencore Configurator... so thats where i put my serial etc right? Don't know why it crashes though... putting your EFI on USB Stick right now to boot again...

thanx, very cool...i just managed to boot my current Mojave install using your EFI. Then i changed the config plist with information from my smbios from clover (serial number etc.). now it won't boot anymore :( I am a little confused as to where to put the information since there is the "Generic" part in Opencore Configurator... so thats where i put my serial etc right? Don't know why it crashes though... putting your EFI on USB Stick right now to boot again...
The serial number I changed it to, was generated in OpenCore.
The serial you've tried to change it to, is obviously wrong.
Everything needs to be correct when running OpenCore.

The serial number I changed it to, was generated in OpenCore.
The serial you've tried to change it to, is obviously wrong.
Everything needs to be correct when running OpenCore.
ok makes sense, so i can't keep using the crap from clover :D
Would not know what to do without you!
Thx

Back