Contribute
Register

[Success] GA Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 + i7-8700k + RX5700XT + OC

I only got ff open in tonymac's site nothing more .. is there any way to test if its working properly
It should idle a 0.80 on Intel Power Gadget once everything has settled.
On the newer, black version, it should idle at 1. something.
That's with nothing open!

It should idle a 0.80 on Intel Power Gadget once everything has settled.
On the newer, black version, it should idle at 1. something.
That's with nothing open!
It was much more than that.. any possible fixes

Attachments

• 48EDECC7-3BEE-4347-91EF-0AEE8566F0B7.jpeg
    48EDECC7-3BEE-4347-91EF-0AEE8566F0B7.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 77
It was much more than that.. any possible fixes
If you're using an NVMe drive, the top two slots have faster read / write speeds.
The one nearest the CPU has a heatsink as well so that's the one I use.

If you're using an NVMe drive, the top two slots have faster read / write speeds.
The one nearest the CPU has a heatsink as well so that's the one I use.
The m.2 drive (non nvme type) i got mac os installed is right under the cpu .. the one with the shield... Im planning on upgrading sometime in the futute

Usb port maps kext for z370 aorus gaming 7. Limit 15 ports and internal port (HS 09) for bluetooth broadcom.
smbios 19,1
(Remember: Kernel > Quirks > XhciPortLimit > NO)

Attachments

• USB.zip
    929 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Hi Plexi --

You've been helping lots of folks get issues resolved on here -- very cool. I've been trying to migrate my Clover system over to OpenCore 0.6.3, and so far without luck. I went through the vanilla build process as supplemented / guided by this thread, but I keep getting a kernel panic after the OC selection menu (no matter what I pick).

I'm running a Aorus Gaming 7 (BIOS v11) / i7-8700k / RX580 build. I've attached the EFI folder I put together that isn't working for me. Any help or suggestions you have would be awesome. I also attached one of the logfiles saved on my EFI partition from a KP/failed boot attempt

Cheers!

Attachments

• opencore-2020-11-12-072610.txt
    256 KB · Views: 38
  • EFI.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Hi Plexi --

You've been helping lots of folks get issues resolved on here -- very cool. I've been trying to migrate my Clover system over to OpenCore 0.6.3, and so far without luck. I went through the vanilla build process as supplemented / guided by this thread, but I keep getting a kernel panic after the OC selection menu (no matter what I pick).

I'm running a Aorus Gaming 7 (BIOS v11) / i7-8700k / RX580 build. I've attached the EFI folder I put together that isn't working for me. Any help or suggestions you have would be awesome. I also attached one of the logfiles saved on my EFI partition from a KP/failed boot attempt

Cheers!
Update your bios to F14, set up your usual bios settings, and use this attached OpenCore EFI.
Let me know if it works OK?
Should be fine on Big Sur as well.

Attachments

• Seattle Hackintosh EFI.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Update your bios to F14, set up your usual bios settings, and use this attached OpenCore EFI.
Let me know if it works OK?
Should be fine on Big Sur as well.
Hi plexi, I hope you don't mind that I join in in this thread, I am exactly in the same Situation as seattle_hackintosh, same basic Hardware. My System is still running Mojave and I wanted to take the time and migrate to opencore before upgrading further (hopefully big sur).
Bios ist still at F11 and I am hesitend to upgrade because I am afraid to break my working install now. Does the F14 Bios make all the difference? I tried your EFI Folder on a Opencore Bootstick an it reboots right after selecting the system drive in the picker.
I also tried clearing nvram but that only killed my boot entry for clover so I had to redo that. I was hoping for a lazy solution to migrate my Install to open core... should I rather do a clean install? my mojave system should be vanilla pretty much...
Could the bios version make the difference?
Thank you very much!
Cheers,
Fleisch

Back