Contribute
Register

[Success] First Build, Core i5-8400, GA Z370N WIFI, i630, Airport card

Status
Not open for further replies.
'@Stork' is the perfect handle for someone who midwifes so many new hackintoshes.
Hello, b.kind, thanks for your guide, your hardware list is almost same to mine(I haven't bought, just added these into my Shopping Card ):
Motherboard:GA Z370N WIFI
CPU:i5 8400
Cooler:CoolerMaster Liquid Cooler 120
Memory:Kingston Fury DDR4 2400 16G
SSD:Samsung NVMe M.2 970 EVO 250GB SSD
HDD:SEAGATE 3.5‘’ 1TB 7200r 64M SATA3 (ST1000DM010)
Wifi+Blueteeth:BCM94352Z NGFF(DW1560)
Case:CoolMaster RC-110-KKN1
PSU:SilverStone SFX 300W v2.0
I searched "GA Z370N wifi+i5 8400+hackintosh" in the past few weeks, your thread gives me a step by step guide. I thought I could totally follow it to create my first desktop Hackintosh. But I am a little confused about your "Fixing USB 3.0 and Fixing Audio" steps. Both two seem a little complex. I read "Installation Guide" from the forum's home page, word by word:
UniBeast: Install macOS Mojave on Any Supported Intel-based PC
I notice there are no any special operations on fixing USB and audio in it. It seems like you can get a full function of MacOS only by performing "STEP 5: Post Installation with MultiBeast"
I know what you are talking about is installing High Sierra but not Mojave, so does that mean I could dismiss your steps of fixing-USB & audio if I install Mojave, just follow the "Installation Guide" at the top of the forum's home page?
I'm so grateful for all the things you did, thanks a billion.

Thank you for the kind words.

I have not gone the Mojave route yet, so ...

I think the USB support should be similar under Mojave.
Rehabman is an authority on USB.

But Audio under Mojave is different.

See the comments in the thread you posted.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...supported-intel-based-pc.259381/#post-1821616

Toleda is an authority on Audio.

Sorry I can't be more help on Mojave. Perhaps next month.

Thank you for the kind words.

I have not gone the Mojave route yet, so ...

I think the USB support should be similar under Mojave.
Rehabman is an authority on USB.

But Audio under Mojave is different.

See the comments in the thread you posted.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...supported-intel-based-pc.259381/#post-1821616

Toleda is an authority on Audio.

Sorry I can't be more help on Mojave. Perhaps next month.
Thank you for your reply quickly. Can I skip all the fixing steps mentioned in your guide, just use your EFI folder to get a full function High Sierra? Because the fixing process is a little difficult for a newbie of hackintosh and a non-native English speaker.

I am sorry, but no. There is no short-cut.
Not even if your build is identical to mine in every particular.
There are steps you have to follow, drivers that have to be installed in a specific order, and so on.
Looking at other people's EFI folders can be helpful.

So, no short-cuts.
If you want to build a working Hackintosh, you have to do a lot of searching and reading.
Having said that, do not be intimidated. It's just one step after another.
I tried to document the process with newbies in mind. I am a newbie too.

Your English is pretty good. You might be surprised how many non-native English speakers are here.

@Misza,
Thank you for the kind words (and the fixed link). Glad you like the write-up.

'Fragile' is too strong a word, I should change that. Having issues with a few apps.
  • MS-Office 365 would not load. No surprise, MS apps for macOS famously mess with the system folders.
  • Chrome 68 & 69 simply would not run, but Chrome 70 (released just yesterday) runs fine.
  • flux (an app that changes the color settings of the monitor) somehow made the machine unbootable, probably by messing with the EFI.
Early on, fixing one issue broke another. For example, fixing USB broke Audio. (You just install USB before Audio, but you have to figure it out.)

These issues aside, the box is stable. No crashes, no sleep / wake issues, etc. Everything just works.

If you purchase these same components, the build should be pretty fast. (The case is a pleasure to work with.)
The basic installation (without USB and Audio) is pretty simple.
USB and Audio are more complex - just take each one step by step.

If you get stuck, let me know.

@b.kind, are you sure you need Flux? I am asking this because a very similar feature was introduced in macOS Sierra 10.12.4: System Preferences -> Displays -> Night Shift.

@b.kind, are you sure you need Flux? I am asking this because a very similar feature was introduced in macOS Sierra 10.12.4: System Preferences -> Displays -> Night Shift.

We do not need flux.
But it happened to be the very first application my lovely wife installed on her finished Hackintosh,
and it completely broke it. Could not boot. Broke the EFI, I think. I reinstalled everything from scratch.

Thank you for the input. We may upgrade to Mojave next month. Or perhaps a clean install to Mojave.

Wonder which is easier:
upgrading from existing High Sierra system to Mojave (the disk is already APFS),
or installing Mojave from scratch?

We do not need flux.
But it happened to be the very first application my lovely wife installed on her finished Hackintosh,
and it completely broke it. Could not boot. Broke the EFI, I think. I reinstalled everything from scratch.

Thank you for the input. We may upgrade to Mojave next month. Or perhaps a clean install to Mojave.

Wonder which is easier:
upgrading from existing High Sierra system to Mojave (the disk is already APFS),
I hope you freshly install MacOS Mojave and share the process.I will set a hand to create my hackintosh when I go back to my country 2 months later, then follow your Mojave guide.

We do not need flux.

Wonder which is easier:

I think your machine is pretty compatible (except for the GTX, for which there are no compatible drivers yet); I'd say go for a clean Mojave install. You can use this topic as a starting point: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-i7-8700-gigabyte-z370n-rx560-16gb-ram.260337.

I saw that. No UniBeast or MultiBeast?
That is a very different installation process.
I am still a newbie. I find these tools to be extremely helpful.

I will give it a closer reading.

Hi all, I used this excellent guide with Mojave and did get it to work.

I did have to add a platform ID to get the internal graphics to work FYI.

I did use @b.kind SSDT file to unable USB which worked but can't seem to get the USB-C port working using the last copy he posted here.

I did not follow all the steps, though as we have the same mother board...

I have not tried to get audio working yet but that will be my next step.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back