Contribute
Register

[Success] Dasdf's Build: Core i7-4770k - GA-Z87X-UD3H - HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, dasdf!
I used new multibeast 6.0 and installed 10.9 AppleHDA audio drivers!
Now i can boot without -x, but soundcard don't work!
:cry:
Also my HD4600 displayed 64mb...

WOW!!! I deleted all audio kext and reinstalled it...and now soundcard work!!!
Then i should fix problem with 64mb HD4600...

@daanavitch: I'm sorry to say (mostly because I want to do upgrade!!) that I will do my mavericks install tomorrow. So you just have to wait a little bit longer.
@gorsok: I'm happy my remark about the new appleHDA.kext was helpful. Since I did not install Mavericks until now, it was more a guess than a advice or something, but I'm happy it works and encourages everyone to upgrade to Mavericks.

Ah and gorsok: Is speedstep (more than the three 8x, 35x and 37x states as in 10.8.5) working?

Ok, so I just tried installing. Unibeast and the installation process up to the first restart went like a charm without any problems. But after the restart the installation process will begin over and over again.
But I guess this is because I installed it on one of the partitions of my hd and I don't think it can handle this. I will try again with only one partition at sunday. I'd really love to try now, but it's quite late and I won't be at home till sunday...so you will have to wait for further details ;)

Ok it's after 1pm but now mavericks is working. Just did a clean 1 partition install and everything works out great. Even sound works out of the box with multi beast.

Good Night

Awesome build guide. But im having trouble getting to the new install on my ssd. I just installed it and rebooted and it gets stuck on the logo and spinning circle.

Tried -v and -x to boot but no success.

Same mobo/cpu.

My BIOS is version5 that could be the cause. How can i update it to version7?

Hi fguadamuz,

try to boot with -v flag and post the messages here to get more support. For the bios update you just have to go to the gigabyte homepage and download the update to a fat32 usb-stick and boot into the bios and update. It's very simple and everything is explained on the gigabyte website.

Hi @all:

Mavericks is running beautiful with sound, sleep,...
Only thing not working is speedstep :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back