Contribute
Register

[Success] Dasdf's Build: Core i7-4770k - GA-Z87X-UD3H - HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all...
This morning soundcard does not work:(
I deleted all audio kext, installed it with multibeast 6.0, but i can't boot without -x:evil:
Also i don't understand why Intel HD4600 use 64mb, though in BIOS set 1024mb!
How to install 1024mb VRAM in Mavericks?

@ gorsok and klandathu:

After a clean install and a first boot with -x I used multibeast and installed:
  • Drivers ->Audio ->Realtex ALCxxx -> Without DSDT -> ALC898
  • Drivers ->Disk -> Trim Enabler -> 10.9.09 TRIM Patch
  • Drivers ->Misc -> All three FakeSMC entries
  • Drivers ->Network ->Intel - knak's...
  • Bootloaders ->Chimera v2.2.1
After restarting everything was working. Audio as well as the hd4600, which is correctly recognized.

In a few minutes you will also see some pictures of the install in my first post of this thread.

I just posted my Mavericks install guide supplement with all you need to know and lots of pictures in my original post!

Have fun! And if any questions should arise: I'll do my best to answer them :thumbup:

Just did some slight overclocking and now I have 3986 to 15311 geekbench score.

Hi Klandathu,

what do you mean by solid static? And at what point of the boot process?
If you mean some kind of graphic error: I don't experience this kind of error.

Hello Dasdf !

I have almost the same build as yours, Core i7-4770k with ZX87X-UD3H, but using Plextor PX-256M5P as ssd. I've followed very carefully all your steps (updating boot via Q-flash successfully, configured bios) and then used Mountain lion on unibeast key to install. But after successfull install of Mountain Lion, the computer reboots, I press x to choose the right boot, and then it gets stucks in this screen :
What have I might done wrong ?

Thanks for help !!
photo (1).jpg

Hi NimaNima,

I'm not sure if you were "pressing x" the right way. After the installation you have to boot from your unibeast usb drive again and then choose your mountain lion install by using your arrow keys. After selecting your install you have to type in "-x" to boot into safe mode (so not pressing "x" all the time) and then start the boot process by pressing "Enter". Like this it should work. If it still does not work you should try the "-v" bootflag for verbose mode and post the last messages it shows before freezing.

Hope it will work this time. Just ask if any other questions arise.:thumbup:

YES THANKS !! You were right, I didn't get the safe boot mode part. Now I'm able to get in Mountain Lion with no probs.

Yet I have another issue, I tried to plug another usb key with multi beast on it, but it never shows up on the finder, even though I tried usb 2.0 and 3.0 slots...

I tried to plug my ethernet cable in the motherboard, to download multibeast directly, but internet won't work either, and ask me to set up network configuration... Which i did not, since I read you should do it with multibeast, right ?

Thanks for helping me, I finally feel like it's gonna work someway or another now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back