Contribute
Register

[Success] Dasdf's Build: Core i7-4770k - GA-Z87X-UD3H - HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi nightlite,

thanks very much for your infos concerning the speedstep! I don't have 10.9 at the moment but will update as soon as it is available and will then also try to get a configuration with working speedstep :thumbup:

Thanks for checking on that for me.

That means I can move my bdrom drive over to the marvell and stick a couple more SSDs in as scratch volumes.

Just wanted to come back and say the system is running great, but I came across a huge problem not sure if your system is doing the same thing.

After the computer boots up perfectly fine then log into OS X, then system still works good there.

Here's when the problem comes, I guess after the computer goes to sleep mode, or display turns off and I come back it logs me back in and no problems there either.

BUT when I go to apple, then shutdown, the computer begins to shutdown and everything powers off fine, but then after a few seconds the computer begins to boot up again and it acts like I just clicked RESTART instead of system shutting down.

Anyone else have this problem?

Hi Jojobrown, would you please ensure that your "Wake on LAN" parameter is set to "DISABLED" into the "Power Management" tab of the BIOS? We experienced similar issues with various model of Mainboards and we found this workaround as a permanent solution. Hope that Helps ..... :)

Hi Jojobrown, would you please ensure that your "Wake on LAN" parameter is set to "DISABLED" into the "Power Management" tab of the BIOS? We experienced similar issues with various model of Mainboards and we found this workaround as a permanent solution. Hope that Helps ..... :)

yup I solved the problem later that day lol i forgot to come back on here and post the solution, I also did the faster shutdown mod and now computer shutdowns quick! don't have to wait for 20 seconds like usually.

but thank you for the help!!! this thread helped me create my first Hackintosh! Thank you!

So I bought my components and put it all together, fits like a glove.
I created my USB bootable installer OSX 10.8 from my purchased software (make sure the installer is in the Apps, if its not UniBeast will not work) No DSDT needed for this MOBO.

Set my MOBO to the following settings:

Quick Boot is disabled
SATAS are configured to AHCI
xHCI mode is set to Auto
xHCI and EHCI Hand-off is enabled
Wake on LAN is disabled
Boot drive is my SSD drive

then save and reboot with the USB OSX, got the screen with the installer, hit enter....

and then is the problem, frozen screen with grey apple logo on white grey BG.

Anybody experienced the same thing? (Also tried booting with -x but same problem.)

Thanks!

Carlos.

OK, I'm off to the shop. This is my set up, I'll let you all know how it goes. Or if you feel like talking a look and raising a red flag is you see something wrong...

CPU Intel Core i7-4770K - 8 trådar / 3,5GHz (3,9GHz Turbo) / 8MB / Socket 1150
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H - ATX / Intel Z87 / Socket 1150
RAM Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz SO-DIMM (2x8GB)
Case Corsair Carbide 500R - Vit (Ej PSU)
Power be quiet! PowerSupply (PSU) Pure Power L7 630W
Storage OSX SanDisk SSD EXTREME II 2.5" 240GB SSD SATA/600 MLC
Storage Seagate Intern Hårddisk Barracuda 2TB (64MB / 7200RPM)
Installer OSX SanDisk 8GB Cruzer Blade - Svart (USB 2.0)
WiFi TP-Link TL-WDN4800
GPU Gainward GeForce GTX 760 2GB
CPU Cooler Cooler Master CPU Kylare Hyper 212 Evo - Socket 775 / 1155 / 1156 / 1366 / AM3+ / FM1 (Should work with 1150 Socket)

+ 10.8.5 Already owned.

Ah, and also a Wacom Cintiq 22HD :)

Hi just wanted to update on this.

I got the installer running by taking out the GPU and running 10.8.5 (I was trying to run 10.8.0 before and this MOBO doesn't like that)
OSX installed with no problems.

I am tuning my MultiBeast settings now, I can only boot in safe mode, and I will update when I get a successful boot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-13 at 11.24.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-13 at 11.24.02 PM.png
    190.9 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_0710.jpg
    IMG_0710.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 165
Hello,

Eagerly awaiting your update on successful boot

Thanks

Rajiv JAIN

@sqaudseven

This might be a problem with the GPU. I have a GTX 760 and sound does not work for me either.

@Dasdaf

Is it possible to revert an installed kext? I tried installing the other kext included in that ZIP and running 84-patch. It seems that my mouse and keyboard stops working as a result. I'm investigating what caused the problem but I suspect is this. Installing the correct kext fixes the problem.

Can I also ask you something about MultiBeast? When you run it is it a progressive installation? What I mean is that if you are updating one area do you still need to check all the boxes relevant to your system?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back