Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Dagger MSI H170i- Intel i5 6600- XFX RX560 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is...where are you installing this? On the EFI Partition of the USB Drive you created?

If you get a black screen at boot how are you supposed to make any kind of trouble shooting happen?
Clover is in the EFI partition of the installation disk.
When you get black screens you have to wait for the apple Logo to appear.

Clover is in the EFI partition of the installation disk.
When you get black screens you have to wait for the apple Logo to appear.

Not trying to be rude...but wait? Like wait how long? I've literally sat there for several minutes and the screen stays black with no sight or hint of changing.

Not trying to be rude...but wait? Like wait how long? I've literally sat there for several minutes and the screen stays black with no sight or hint of changing.
I understand your frustration. Could you please let me understand your setup.
1. I see your signature says you have i7 6700. Did you make macOS to boot without graphics card ?
2. If answer is No, please remove graphics card and try to finish installation and multi beast configuration.
3. If Question.1 was "yes" what graphics card are you trying to install. Who is the card supplier ? Sapphire or XFX etc.
please answer above. Let's fix your problem.

I understand your frustration. Could you please let me understand your setup.
1. I see your signature says you have i7 6700. Did you make macOS to boot without graphics card ?
2. If answer is No, please remove graphics card and try to finish installation and multi beast configuration.
3. If Question.1 was "yes" what graphics card are you trying to install. Who is the card supplier ? Sapphire or XFX etc.
please answer above. Let's fix your problem.

Thank you! I appreciate people like you Jhenu. My signature is the exact build I'm trying to set up. This is my first hack.

This was ultimately intended to be a FCPX build. So I figured a decent AMD card with 4GB would do well for the build. At Microcenter I found an Asus Strix Radeon RX 560 4GB for $120. Here's the exact one:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIABVR5UM8328

Thank you! I appreciate people like you Jhenu. My signature is the exact build I'm trying to set up. This is my first hack.

This was ultimately intended to be a FCPX build. So I figured a decent AMD card with 4GB would do well for the build. At Microcenter I found an Asus Strix Radeon RX 560 4GB for $120. Here's the exact one:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIABVR5UM8328
@Jovie918
I'm making following assumptions::

1. You have installed already graphics inside the computer or Motherboard.
2. As this is your First Hackintosh, I would suggest to go step by step to fix the issue.
3. You are familiar with terms like drivers, BOIS, boot etc.
4. You are yet to install macOS on Hard disk
5. Please don't be offended, I don't know your capability and set up

Some additional Questions to understand your set-up ?
1. What is your storage NVMe, SSD, HDD.
2. Do you have Dual Boot, means windows already installed ?
3. Can you install macOS in a separate physical disk, if you have already windows installed ?
4. What is your BIOS Settings ?

Steps I suggest:
Preparation :::
General Guideline Bios Settings::Disable Quickboot, OS Type: Other OS, Enable AHCI Mode, Disable XMP Profiles etc.
Assuming you have windows installation, Please unplug the Hard disk and Power up the system (If no ignore this step)

1. Please Remove the graphics card from the computer.
2. Connect you monitor to directly to motherboard (HDMI/VGA output on Motherboard)
3. Continue OS installation.
4. After you Install OS, Run MultiBeast to install Clover Boot and Drivers required for Completing MacOS installation
5. Download Post installation Tools like IORegistry, Clover Configurator, KextBeast, EFI Mount.
6. If you have completed above 5 steps then let me know(also post screenshots) I can guide you further.

Journey of Hackintosh does not happen in a day.... Be patient and read, read ,read again through forums. I hope Hackintosh is not your main machine at least until you are familiar with Tools, Procedures, etc.

Press that "Like" Button if I have helped you.

@Jovie918
I'm making following assumptions::

1. You have installed already graphics inside the computer or Motherboard.
2. As this is your First Hackintosh, I would suggest to go step by step to fix the issue.
3. You are familiar with terms like drivers, BOIS, boot etc.
4. You are yet to install macOS on Hard disk
5. Please don't be offended, I don't know your capability and set up

Some additional Questions to understand your set-up ?
1. What is your storage NVMe, SSD, HDD.
2. Do you have Dual Boot, means windows already installed ?
3. Can you install macOS in a separate physical disk, if you have already windows installed ?
4. What is your BIOS Settings ?

Steps I suggest:
Preparation :::
General Guideline Bios Settings::Disable Quickboot, OS Type: Other OS, Enable AHCI Mode, Disable XMP Profiles etc.
Assuming you have windows installation, Please unplug the Hard disk and Power up the system (If no ignore this step)

1. Please Remove the graphics card from the computer.
2. Connect you monitor to directly to motherboard (HDMI/VGA output on Motherboard)
3. Continue OS installation.
4. After you Install OS, Run MultiBeast to install Clover Boot and Drivers required for Completing MacOS installation
5. Download Post installation Tools like IORegistry, Clover Configurator, KextBeast, EFI Mount.
6. If you have completed above 5 steps then let me know(also post screenshots) I can guide you further.

Journey of Hackintosh does not happen in a day.... Be patient and read, read ,read again through forums. I hope Hackintosh is not your main machine at least until you are familiar with Tools, Procedures, etc.

Press that "Like" Button if I have helped you.

So all your above assumptions are correct sir. I'm not all offended. You are actually a saint for your patience. You're going the extra mile and I really appreciate that. To answer your other questions...

1.I'm attempting to install onto an SSD.
2. I'm not using this as a DUAL BOOT machine. Solely Mac OS.
3. I would figure no need as this is solely and entirely intended to be a Hackintosh.
4. BIOS is set just as outlined in in the 10.12 installation Guide.

I will attempt the suggested steps you've outlined and get back to you on the status. Thanks again for all your help

Attachments

• IMG_5280.JPG
    IMG_5280.JPG
    525.5 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_5281.JPG
    IMG_5281.JPG
    527.1 KB · Views: 186
@Jovie918 Above screens makes me understand that you have completed installation.
Have you successfully completed running MultiBeast ???

My apologies I left out details. I had to call in some help from a friend who actually helped me make some progress. So we were able to complete install. We had to remove the graphics cards from the MOBO in order to do so. However upon installation the only way we were able to boot from the SSD was in safe mode. Any other way the computer would hang up and cause problems.

My apologies I left out details. I had to call in some help from a friend who actually helped me make some progress. So we were able to complete install. We had to remove the graphics cards from the MOBO in order to do so. However upon installation the only way we were able to boot from the SSD was in safe mode. Any other way the computer would hang up and cause problems.

OK, Where is it Hanging ? Could you please post screenshot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back