Contribute
Register

Success: Coffee Lake i7-8700K - GA-Z370N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have HiDPI scaling working on this build? Im trying to scale from 3840x2160 to 2560x1440 in HiDPI. So far I'm only able to get 1920x1080 in HiDPI. Tried everything :roll2:

Hi, i7-8700K you do not need to change anything
View attachment 331466
We can not have more than 15, you can deactivate some and activate others, but the limit is 15
Remember, each usb are two ports
In EFI/Boot/ Verbose(-v) is unchecked?

I see, Thank you very much, but I do have a problem which is: when I put the computer to sleep at night, in the morning I see the clover screen asking you to choose which hard drive to boot, which means the computer wake up and restarted the computer? how do I check what the problem is? do I need a fresh install?

Does anyone have HiDPI scaling working on this build? Im trying to scale from 3840x2160 to 2560x1440 in HiDPI. So far I'm only able to get 1920x1080 in HiDPI. Tried everything :roll2:

Hi, I'm not sure but to scale hidpi: 3840x2160 = 1920x1080 hdpi (just double)
So scale 2560x1440 hidpi you have to be 5k panel 5120x2880
I think that hidpi is double the resolution as in the imac 5k
Someone correct me if it is not so please ...

I see, Thank you very much, but I do have a problem which is: when I put the computer to sleep at night, in the morning I see the clover screen asking you to choose which hard drive to boot, which means the computer wake up and restarted the computer? how do I check what the problem is? do I need a fresh install?

Hi, power saving:
Captura de pantalla 2018-05-17 a las 8.01.04.png
and Clover-Boot-darkwake=no?
you can watch in terminal, you can look at the time and see the event that woke him:

log show --predicate "processID == 0" --start $(date "+%Y-%m-%d") --debug

I fixed my booting issues by disabling apfs on Samsung 960 evo. Booting was very inconsistent and glitchy with apfs (only booting with -v flag for some reason). No issues at all with hfs+

Hi, power saving:
View attachment 331550
and Clover-Boot-darkwake=no?
you can watch in terminal, you can look at the time and see the event that woke him:

log show --predicate "processID == 0" --start $(date "+%Y-%m-%d") --debug

Thank you very much, that fixed my problem, but I found a new problem which is: after wake from sleep, if a USB device is plugged in, the system shows " the disk is not ejected properly", I used your EFI & Extensions files, and I added USB port limit patch, managed to get all the USB 3 ports working. attached is my EFI files, you can check to see what the problem is.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.3 MB · Views: 115
I had an iTunes rental movie that I tried to play on my machine yesterday and it caused iTunes to crash, or just a green digitized image. Any idea what this could be related to?

Hi, with the port limit patch active all USB ports above 15 and it is not recommended but if it works well, you can leave it.
The bad ejected disk problem is fairly well known: try to remove the XMP profile in bios,

You can try shikigva=1 and checked out -disablefxfirmware (Clover-Boot-Custom Flags)

Captura de pantalla 2018-05-18 a las 19.30.30.png

Same problem here, I did everything "by the book" from BSD entries to serial number to UUID number. Messages won't work, even though my Apple ID is 10 years old.

I got iMessage working by following this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/

I think an easy thing to miss is having a working NVRAM (persistent RAM after power offs). I could not get native NVRAM working, so I just use the fake NVRAM plist that gets saved to the EFI after every shutdown (disadvantage is that if the system crashes, it will not get updated. I've purposely crashed my system and tested iMessage: it works.) Using EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and installed the "Install RC Script to target partition" in a fresh Clover install.

I tested it with

Set a persistent variable entry in memory:
nvram TEST_VAR=DELETE_ME

Restart system.

Look for the persistent variable entry in memory:
nvram -p | grep TEST_VAR

Delete the persistent variable entry from memory
nvram -d TEST_VAR

After getting this working, iMessage started working.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back