Contribute
Register

Success: Coffee Lake i7-8700K - GA-Z370N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks I'll try this tonight, can I cut and paste your plist? That document is a bit intimidating for me

Rename your config.plist to config2.plist and paste
If you any problem to boot with my config.plist you can in Clover boot options select your config2.plist

OK, that got me HDMI audio back, thank you so much. I am not sure how much further to go down the path of getting audio devices to work beyond HDMI, I can live with it as is.

Hi, you can try to disabled xmp profile1 in bios (if active)
If not fix, send me IORegistryExplorer
On your macbook the same usb3 reads faster?
Hi Fontanero,

Surprisingly, disabling XMP makes the sleep to work much better.
I do not see the USB disk improperly ejected anymore.
Could you explain why? It does not really make sense to me.
I guess my memory will now run at a lower pace (2333 MHz instead of 3000 MHz)
Probably not a big deal if it was causing issues.

I ran again speed test on my USB3 stick.
The read is reliably at 110 MB/s (same value as on the MacBook).
The write is some times around 100 MB/s but most of the time between 30 and 40 MB/s (Mac book is at 100 MB/s).

I join my IO_Reg files. If you see anything missing regarding USB3, let me know.

You mentioned that you got audio over DP or HDMI to work.
None of the 2 interfaces are outputting audio but I use the GTX1050 ports, of course.
I do not know if the script you used is compatible with GPUs.

Thanks for your great support.

Attachments

• XAVIER’s iMac.ioreg
    4 MB · Views: 91
OK, that got me HDMI audio back, thank you so much. I am not sure how much further to go down the path of getting audio devices to work beyond HDMI, I can live with it as is.
Hello sleblanc1976, I solved the problem with the MoBo audio. It works fine. Line OUT, Line IN and digital out are working.
I followed a trick given by jamesst20 in the thread "[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 - 4k RX 580 - 10.13.4 - SSDT"

The only way I got it to work was by doing the following:
1. Install kexts : https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC and https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu in /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other
2. Reboot
3. Run Multibeast : Install ALC1220 & 100 / 200 / 300 Series Audio Support. After installation, reopened it and installed "200 / 300 Series / X299 Audio Device ID Patch.
4. Opened Clover Configurator --> Device --> Inject 11. (Better sound quality for me than 1) Reset HDA is not selected, I don't know what it does.
5. Reboot

In my case, installing the first 2 kext was enough to get the audio peripherals. I continued the procedure with Multibeast but I am not sure it does much. Anyway, if you follow this procedure, you should get the audio to work well. One thing to note, still, is that the audio quality I am getting on the front panel is quite bad but on the green socket, it is just great.

Hi Fontanero,

Surprisingly, disabling XMP makes the sleep to work much better.
I do not see the USB disk improperly ejected anymore.
Could you explain why? It does not really make sense to me.
I guess my memory will now run at a lower pace (2333 MHz instead of 3000 MHz)
Probably not a big deal if it was causing issues.

I ran again speed test on my USB3 stick.
The read is reliably at 110 MB/s (same value as on the MacBook).
The write is some times around 100 MB/s but most of the time between 30 and 40 MB/s (Mac book is at 100 MB/s).

I join my IO_Reg files. If you see anything missing regarding USB3, let me know.

You mentioned that you got audio over DP or HDMI to work.
None of the 2 interfaces are outputting audio but I use the GTX1050 ports, of course.
I do not know if the script you used is compatible with GPUs.

Thanks for your great support.

Hi, is supported for Nvidia: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/applehda-hdmi-audio-guide.234735/

Hi, your IOReg it's good for me, everything seems fine.

Hi, your IOReg it's good for me, everything seems fine.
Hello, I'm using your files, EFI4 build and files from the Extension folder - are in EFI / Clover / Kexts / Other

I also put another - the recommended bluetooth module
Everything works fine except for sleep mode.

The computer, when you try to send it to sleep - falls asleep, the fans are stopped and turn on again after 2 seconds

How can I fix this?

Hello, I'm using your files, EFI4 build and files from the Extension folder - are in EFI / Clover / Kexts / Other

I also put another - the recommended bluetooth module
Everything works fine except for sleep mode.

The computer, when you try to send it to sleep - falls asleep, the fans are stopped and turn on again after 2 seconds

How can I fix this?

Hi, new update EFI and Extensions.
You can try to disconnect all possible usb and then look at the console who wakes up.

Attachments

• EFI5.zip
    21.9 MB · Views: 136
  • Extensions.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 113
Hi Fontanero, Sorry(noob question) but where do you put the extensions of your extensions zip ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back