Contribute
Register

Success: Coffee Lake i7-8700K - GA-Z370N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, the issue USB eject after sleep is cosmetic, when wake up is remounted in my configuration, not important for me.

My definition is iMac 17,1

Flash Extreme USB 3.0 32GB
Captura de pantalla 2018-05-01 a las 20.21.51.png

Your USB3 works definitively better than mine (I get 32 MB/S write and 40 MB/s read).
You get the expected speed.
I did not try yet to test the power delivery out of the USB port.

The problem I have with the sleep is that the USB sticks do not remount automatically.
I have to unplug and replug to get my drives back.

What kext or parameters shall I have a look to in your EFI to fix my USB3 speed issue?

I hope you are of help:

EFI:
Captura de pantalla 2018-05-01 a las 20.40.11.png

Library/Extensions/
Captura de pantalla 2018-05-01 a las 20.42.36.png

Attachments

• EFI5.zip
    21.1 MB · Views: 97
  • Extensions.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 83
So I have this basic setup, minus the 1060. Getting resolutions >1080p was what I was focusing on and after hours and hours of messing around, I realized I had it plugged in to the wrong port.. .oh well such is life with these sorts of projects..

Working

Graphics
Sound over HDMI

Not working
Bluetooth/Wifi
Audio through MB outputs (HDMI only)
iMessage (not a huge priority, will get to it once I sort out the other issues)

I am connected via LAN, so the wifi isn't a huge issue, but I would like to get bluetooth working, if anyone has any tips beyond what is mentioned here, that would be great. I listen to music on headphones a lot when I am working on my machine, so the audio is the next priority. I know that seems to be a real trouble spot, and I have tried a lot of the stuff suggested in this thread (not all quite yet).

On the whole this has been a really fun project for a second machine, and I have learned so much about the process that I wish I knew at the beginning. These forums have been absolutely instrumental.

Hi, what card Wifi/Bt do you have?

Audio: Multibeast
Multibeast.png

Clover: Audio 11 or 1
Captura de pantalla 2018-05-01 a las 22.45.17.png

You should not need anything else for MB audio.

now run script Audio hdmi toleda.
Z370N WiFi with this options must be run. I dont know more.

Yes,now run script Audio hdmi toleda.
Missed your first question, I have the bt/mb that came with the board. Can you post a link to that script? I am unfamiliar with it.

Thanks

HDMI audio: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/applehda-hdmi-audio-guide.234735/ for Intel, AMD and Nvidia

The module MB is Intel, i change wifi/bt for BCM94360CS2 with the M.2 adapter.

Ok, I will order the bluetooth module once I get everything else working. It is a secondary concern. I ran the script and still nothing. I might try the manual mode.. I have made so many changes perhaps a kext is wrong now? Not sure where else to look.

Side note, sleep/wake seems to be working well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back