Contribute
Register

Success: Coffee Lake i7-8700K - GA-Z370N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about dual display?
With the GTX 1050 ti GPU I use, I can connect a monitor on Display Port and another one on HDMI.
The Graphic card also have a DVI interface but I did not try it so I do not know if 3 monitors would work.

I also could not, only one
For multi monitor will be necessary (for now) a discrete graphic card

I read your earlier posts about dual displays working if you boot up with only one display and connect the second one afterwards. Is this still the case? This would be ok for me because i never shut down my computer.

Not for me...

Thanks for the replies! Another question: is there anything wrong with using a single stick of 16gb ddr4 (as opposed to 2x8gb)?

Thanks for the replies! Another question: is there anything wrong with using a single stick of 16gb ddr4 (as opposed to 2x8gb)?

If I'm not wrong, to take advantage of the dual channel is better by pairs 2x8

Single stick is not problem. Triple screen is working too but every restart is kinda pain in the ass :D

Triple screen??? how do you do it?
I'm worth only two ;-)

Triple screen??? how do you do it?
I'm worth only two ;-)
I'm sorry I don't have any strict guide how exactly to do it. Every restart is a lot of hassle to make it run :/ You have to play with connect/disconnect displays and powering it on/off so I'm trying to avoid restarts :D Therefore no exact pattern how to activate all three...yet. But it works. And looks like that with only dual screens over HDMI is the process even simpler.

ok, it's still necessary to connect after startup and get lucky :crazy:

ok, it's still necessary to connect after startup and get lucky :crazy:
I think it should work even without luck, but you'll have to definitely connect while macOS already running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back