Contribute
Register

[Success] Catalina 10.15 * EASY GUIDE * ASUS PRIME Z390-A * Intel i9 9900K * Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 56 Pulse * Asus ThunderboltEX 3 * WORKING TB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone having success with a dual screen?

If it's still an issue for you I recommend using SwitchResX app with a script for startup - it works, for me at least, you could give it a try:

AppleScript:
tell application "SwitchResX Daemon"
    activate
    set current mode of display 2 to mode 4 of display 2
    set position of display 2 to {-1024, 0}
    set current mode of display 2 to mode 1 of display 2
    set position of display 2 to {-1920, 0}
end tell

pjowio: thanks for this guide, just got an almost exact same config (without GFX card and with the non-unlocked 9900) will definitely give it a shot!

dude thank you so much for this guide! This is the first successful one for me, blows my mind so thank you!

I imagine I shouldn't even attempt, but I'm considering cloning my M.2 SSD, and then using one of two to just let the Big Sur update attempt to happen though System Preferences.

Is that just a terrible idea? What do you think!

PS - @pjowio did you ever go to Big Sur? Ive tried a few times now, not successful but will keep trying (maybe even OpenCore this time around)

PS - @pjowio did you ever go to Big Sur? Ive tried a few times now, not successful but will keep trying (maybe even OpenCore this time around)
I guess I will still wait to upgrade to Big Sur. Don't have any reasons to use it instead of Catalina. Everything works really smooth right now. Maybe I will try to upgrade in a year or so, but then there will be another OS X version. So I guess I will skip Big Sur. But if you really get some benefits from upgrading to Big Sur, you could give it a try. Maybe try it on a different hard drive so you still have your old system. Good luck!

Have you got it working?
My Vega 56 worked with 4 monitors at the same time, but since you have another GPU, I guess I cannot help you with that one. Good luck with that!

I have got it working yes! super easy actually - now this morning I'm doing Open Core 0.6.5 for fixing the HDCP playback blocking issue, but I really don't worry much because of how successful these recent attempts have been!

I can offer answer questions or any insight that may be helpful! (sorry I missed this for so many days)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back