Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi derJan. Hi have the same MB, processor, 2x M2 Samsung 970, and a Vega 56. All it's running fine, with imac 18,3; ... but computer restart instead of shutdown. So, I use your config.plist and all the kext (except vegatab) and drivers. But it's the same.... Also I change the position of the M2 drives, now mac are up (near the processor). Maybe you are using something, a bios config, or something... can you help me?

Thanks
I had the same problem, especially after installing the Fenvi Wifi/Bluetooth Card. Then I found this post which solved the issue:
add EmuVariable-Uefi-64.efi to the EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder and add slide=0 to bootflag, nothing else need to change in bios and ssdt thingy, the third times I answer for the 300 series MB with shutdown to reboot problem as I remember ...

Adding EmuVariableUefi64 without slide=0 would not boot Mojave anymore. After downloading and running the Clover installer again I added EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and also installed the RC scripts. This finally gave me persistent NVRAM and Sleep / Shutdown now work like a charm.

To make it work with the Fenvi card I also had to create a custom SSDT and set the internal USB port to 255.

My drivers64UEFI folder now contains these files:
  • ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
  • AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
  • DataHubDxe-64.efi
  • EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
  • FSInject-64.efi
  • PartitionDxe-64.efi
  • SMCHelper-64.efi
  • VBoxHfs-64.efi
And my kext folder these:
  • AppleALC.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext
  • IntelMausiEthernet.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • USBInjectAll.kext
  • VegaTab_64.kext
  • WhateverGreen.kext
These are my BIOS settings (starting from 'Load optimized defaults'):
  • Security Device Support -> Disable
  • Legacy USB Support -> Auto
  • XHCI Handoff -> Enabled
  • VT-d -> Disabled
  • Wake on LAN -> Disabled
  • Internal Graphics -> Enabled
  • Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) -> Profile1
As far as I'm concerned everything works now: Sleep / Restart / Shutdown, iGPU, USB 2 and 3, Audio, Ethernet, Wifi and Bluetooth (with Fenvi FV-T919), NVRAM, iMessage, App Store, iTunes, Handoff, Air Drop etc.

Let me know if this helps you, I also added my current config.plist just in case.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.4 KB · Views: 275

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 9.44.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 9.44.15 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 156
I had the same problem, especially after installing the Fenvi Wifi/Bluetooth Card. Then I found this post which solved the issue:

Adding EmuVariableUefi64 without slide=0 would not boot Mojave anymore. After downloading and running the Clover installer again I added EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and also installed the RC scripts. This finally gave me persistent NVRAM and Sleep / Shutdown now work like a charm.

To make it work with the Fenvi card I also had to create a custom SSDT and set the internal USB port to 255.

My drivers64UEFI folder now contains these files:
  • ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
  • AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
  • DataHubDxe-64.efi
  • EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
  • FSInject-64.efi
  • PartitionDxe-64.efi
  • SMCHelper-64.efi
  • VBoxHfs-64.efi
And my kext folder these:
  • AppleALC.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext
  • IntelMausiEthernet.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • USBInjectAll.kext
  • VegaTab_64.kext
  • WhateverGreen.kext
These are my BIOS settings (starting from 'Load optimized defaults'):
  • Security Device Support -> Disable
  • Legacy USB Support -> Auto
  • XHCI Handoff -> Enabled
  • VT-d -> Disabled
  • Wake on LAN -> Disabled
  • Internal Graphics -> Enabled
  • Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) -> Profile1
As far as I'm concerned everything works now: Sleep / Restart / Shutdown, iGPU, USB 2 and 3, Audio, Ethernet, Wifi and Bluetooth (with Fenvi FV-T919), NVRAM, iMessage, App Store, iTunes, Handoff, Air Drop etc.

Let me know if this helps you, I also added my current config.plist just in case.
Thanks a lot.
All are working now!! and shuting down!

What CPU temps are you all seeing? Idle and general browsing Im seeing 35-60 C. Heavy FCPX load upper 80's bumping low 90's. Just curious.

What CPU temps are you all seeing? Idle and general browsing Im seeing 35-60 C. Heavy FCPX load upper 80's bumping low 90's. Just curious.

I'm using a Dark Rock Pro 4, and my idle temps are a bit lower (30-40C). Full CPU load all 8 cores without overclocking in the low 80's. Still haven't gotten around to do an 5GHz all core overclock…

I'm using a Dark Rock Pro 4, and my idle temps are a bit lower (30-40C). Full CPU load all 8 cores without overclocking in the low 80's. Still haven't gotten around to do an 5GHz all core overclock…
If you're in the 80's without an overclock, I would leave it as is until you get a better cooling solution. 100ºc is the max for the chip. 90's isn't recommended for long term use. If you undervolt the chip you can bring down the temps. It's a bit tricky, but can work (I can get a stable 5.2 with -.025 volt per core). Again, I have the 8700k, which I haven't delidded. Your 9900K is soldered, so you should have better temps. Some water cooling would do you well. I was lucky to get mine for $50 on black Friday.

Edit: As you can see in the attachment I'm just over 90 with 5.2. Within seconds it drops back down to 30 when I stop the stress test. This is why the older chips need to get delidded as the heat isn't moving to the IHS fast enough for the cooler to remove the heat.
I keep the chip at 5.1 as I'm comfortable with the temps there. I idle in the high 20's, which is close to ambient in my house.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 8.12.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 8.12.00 PM.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
If you're in the 80's without an overclock, I would leave it as is until you get a better cooling solution. 100ºc is the max for the chip. 90's isn't recommended for long term use. If you undervolt the chip you can bring down the temps. It's a bit tricky, but can work (I can get a stable 5.2 with -.025 volt per core). Again, I have the 8700k, which I haven't delidded. Your 9900K is soldered, so you should have better temps. Some water cooling would do you well. I was lucky to get mine for $50 on black Friday.

Edit: As you can see in the attachment I'm just over 90 with 5.2. Within seconds it drops back down to 30 when I stop the stress test. This is why the older chips need to get delidded as the heat isn't moving to the IHS fast enough for the cooler to remove the heat.
I keep the chip at 5.1 as I'm comfortable with the temps there. I idle in the high 20's, which is close to ambient in my house.
I'm water cooled. Under heavy FCPX rendering, I'll hit above 90-95 then it drops down to low to mid 80's, basically back and forth never stays in the 90's. What got me was, when I changed out my board and cpu to this i9, I was staying in the high 90's. Well, I was cleaning up a few messy cords inside without shutting down. I caught my knuckle in the radiator dual fan, broke it and took off the skin on knuckle. So, as changing out the fans, I noticed some dust in the radiator, grabbed the can of air and blowed. Room filled with dust. I just never thought of cleaning it out. Now, I'm staying in the 30's-40's surfing and odds and ends. FCPX though puts the heat on.

Hi all,

First post, planning my first Hackintosh build for Logic Pro/film and TV scoring, and Blouse’s looks like what I need. However, I need to build one into a rack mount case, and, having never built one, I can’t seem to find any info about whether components like this would fit into a 4U case.

Additionally, I’m hoping to include a 6-SSD hot swap cage for my internal drives, but I can’t tell how (or whether) that would work with this power supply.

Does anyone know how I would research this?

Thanks for any info.

blouse's "Hack Pro (Late 2018)" build:

Hey @blouse & boogieman77
Is your TB3 working?
If yes, then Plz connect iMac retina display to TB3 onboard or TB3Add On Card and share your feedback whether it works or not ??
if it works ,share settings and your iMac model number.

Hi all,

First post, planning my first Hackintosh build for Logic Pro/film and TV scoring, and Blouse’s looks like what I need. However, I need to build one into a rack mount case, and, having never built one, I can’t seem to find any info about whether components like this would fit into a 4U case.

Additionally, I’m hoping to include a 6-SSD hot swap cage for my internal drives, but I can’t tell how (or whether) that would work with this power supply.

Does anyone know how I would research this?

Thanks for any info.
Are you talking about a case like this? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0055EV30W/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

If so, it says its supports ATX motherboard and smaller. Keep in mind though the MB Blouse, and I used only has 6 SATA ports. You loose two of those if you put a NVMe drive in slot 2 of the NVMe drive ports. I used mine in the top port to gain the additional 2 SATA ports.

Hey @blouse & boogieman77
Is your TB3 working?
If yes, then Plz connect iMac retina display to TB3 onboard or TB3Add On Card and share your feedback whether it works or not ??
if it works ,share settings and your iMac model number.
I don't use TB3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back