Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could anyone point me in the direction as to where the USB mapping is so that I may remove it and then use my map that I will set up. I used @blouse and lost all back ports. Attaching my efi folder so someone can help. And yes I know some kexts and stuff are still in there slowly working back to normal on it.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.5 MB · Views: 98
Could anyone point me in the direction as to where the USB mapping is so that I may remove it and then use my map that I will set up. I used @blouse and lost all back ports. Attaching my efi folder so someone can help. And yes I know some kexts and stuff are still in there slowly working back to normal on it.

Is this the post you are looking for?

Is this the post you are looking for?
When I used your EFI folder only the 4 USB 2.0 ports work(HS13) on your map. However headless GPU works. The dual Vegas are rocking anything I throw at them. Just the USB issue now. I did a retest of some videos I have done. One particular video I did for my daughter took around 24 minutes with the one Vega and i9. My old 'tosh took 39 minutes (i7-6700K). With the dual Vegas had it done in 16:09. I do wish, however, I could get USB 3.0 support. I keep a lot of files on a USB 3.0 tower drive. When dealing with large files it makes life easier.

1 port is incorrect on Blouse's post.
HS01 is the front USB-C port in 2.0 mode.

When I did my mapping I had to map the SS ports as well to gain 3.0/3.1. Is this not required with @blouse 's method?

Link to my post on the subject.

1 port is incorrect on Blouse's post.
HS01 is the front USB-C port in 2.0 mode.

When I did my mapping I had to map the SS ports as well to gain 3.0/3.1. Is this not required with @blouse 's method?

Link to my post on the subject.

I also had to map the SS ports to get the USB3 ports working in USB3-Mode (not just USB2). My case doesn't have Front USB-C, so my configuration is slightly different.

Common port connector types are USB2 = 0, USB3 = 3, internal = 255.

Note that the internal USB-Header (HS11) should be set to 255 – otherwise the Fenvi Bluetooth card prevents my build going to / staying in sleep mode.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-derjan.aml
    698 bytes · Views: 129
  • SSDT-UIAC-derjan.dsl
    5.6 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
I'm not showing anything in GPU..... Mind sharing your EFI one last time so that I may compare..... The dual Vegas are slower than single as of right now in FCPX.

obviously, Dual vegas run slower than single bcz processor 9900k supports only 16x PCI ,so when u connect two gpu's bandwidth get divided and each gpu runs at 8x which result slower speed. so my conclusion is using dual vega is not worth for 9900k...plz all comment on this.

obviously, Dual vegas run slower than single bcz processor 9900k supports only 16x PCI ,so when u connect two gpu's bandwidth get divided and each gpu runs at 8x which result slower speed. so my conclusion is using dual vega is not worth for 9900k...plz all comment on this.

In my opinion this is not correct. It's highly probable that @boogieman77 's configuration is just not yet working as it should.

The 16 PCI-E lanes you mentioned are only those from the i9-9900k CPU available for the GPU (or other PCI-E devices in those slots). (There are also additional PCI-E lanes from the Z390 chipset for NVME SSD etc.)

These lanes only represent the bandwidth for communication between the CPU and the GPU(s) (i.e. how much data can be transferred simultaneously between these two). They do not affect the performance of either the CPU or GPU(s) itself. So if you have two Vega 64 you obviously have double the computing power compared to one Vega 64, but you can still only send the same amount of data simultaneously to your two GPUs as before. (The actual gain in performance may be less than 2x, because of management overhead, and the fact that not all workloads are perfectly divisible into separate independent calculations…)

BUT connecting a GPU via PCI-E x8 instead of x16 will not affect your performance in a perceptible way. You will probably never have a workload that would satisfy a full x16 connection anyway. There is a video from GamersNexus on YouTube called "PCIe 3.0 x8 vs. x16: Does It Impact GPU Performance?" where it's measured for gaming. The difference is about 1 fps. (We're not talking about Crossfire/SLI here, only PCI-E x8 vs. x16).
The extreme case is crypto-mining, where many GPUs are connected to one motherboard, each via PCI-E x1 over USB cables. The amount of data transferred is so minimal compared to the computing time per GPU that one PCI-E lane is sufficient.

In conclusion, having two Vega 64 (when configured correctly) will improve your FCPX rendering times and other supported computing tasks that can make use of multiple GPUs.

Attachments

• z390-chipset-product-brief-page-005.jpg
    z390-chipset-product-brief-page-005.jpg
    389.8 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

Once I got the correct setup including IGPU in headless setup thanks to @blouse. Both Vegas are Kicking tail. I'm a heavy FCPX user and can tell in the timeline and also export a difference. Export usually not as much; however, my long encodes, for example, one particular video I did for my daughter took around 24 minutes with the one Vega and i9. My old 'tosh took 39 minutes (i7-6700K). With the dual Vegas had it done in 16:09. So an eight minute gain on that one. The shorter encodes not really a lot of difference. Maybe a few seconds and actually a couple took a few seconds longer. I dont really have any games to test on. I'm not a gamer on computer so I cannot comment on that part. But, if there is anything you would like tested please, let me know.

Newest Geekbench after I have been tinkering all day.

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/11482378

Last edited:
Once I got the correct setup including IGPU in headless setup thanks to @blouse. Both Vegas are Kicking tail. I'm a heavy FCPX user and can tell in the timeline and also export a difference. Export usually not as much; however, my long encodes, for example, one particular video I did for my daughter took around 24 minutes with the one Vega and i9. My old 'tosh took 39 minutes (i7-6700K). With the dual Vegas had it done in 16:09. So an eight minute gain on that one. The shorter encodes not really a lot of difference. Maybe a few seconds and actually a couple took a few seconds longer. I dont really have any games to test on. I'm not a gamer on computer so I cannot comment on that part. But, if there is anything you would like tested please, let me know.

Newest Geekbench after I have been tinkering all day.

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/11482378
Nice !
post opencl performance also for geekbench

I've been following the posts in this thread, except for the SSDT by @MESwan (no time yet, will do this soon). Note that I installed macOS Mojave, not High Sierra, and my Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro+ works out of the box.

The drivers64UEFI folder contains:
  • ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
  • AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
  • DataHubDxe-64.efi
  • FSInject-64.efi
  • PartitionDxe-64.efi
  • SMCHelper-64.efi
  • VBoxHfs-64.efi
The kexts are:
  • AppleALC.kext
  • FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • IntelMausiEthernet.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • VegaTab_64.kext
  • WhateverGreen.kext
I also attached my config.plist file. Hope this helps.

If you have the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard and Trackpad I can highly recommend the Fenvi FV-T919. Mine arrived yesterday (ordered it from AliExpress, took about two weeks) and it works flawlessly. Once the Keyboard is connected in macOS it even works in the BIOS and Clover screen.

Hi derJan. Hi have the same MB, processor, 2x M2 Samsung 970, and a Vega 56. All it's running fine, with imac 18,3; ... but computer restart instead of shutdown. So, I use your config.plist and all the kext (except vegatab) and drivers. But it's the same.... Also I change the position of the M2 drives, now mac are up (near the processor). Maybe you are using something, a bios config, or something... can you help me?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back