Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there!

By DenOfLore and blouse's method, my build of Z390 and i9 9900k was almost there.
There is still one problem: CPU type was shown as "unknown"

Dose anyone know how to fix it?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-23 at 8.09.08.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-23 at 8.09.08.png
    88.8 KB · Views: 135
Oh ok… You're a good samaritan you know !

edit : ok I used cp and rm in the terminal to replace the EFI folder, which seems to work way much better ! But now, when i'm copying @flav0ur 's plist in my EFI folder, it disappears at every boot… What the **** is wrong with that folder ?
Just to make sure... You are mounting the correct efi folder? I have never had anything disappear. I have mounted the wrong efi though.

Those who have overclocked. Can you share all of your settings in bios. I’m at 5.0 but my Geekbench is staying around 36809. Some have gotten over 40000 so I assume I am doing something wrong. More power is always better. Fcpx uses it and soon dual Vegas so that should help even more.
I have two less cores, so my score of 31000 would roughly equate to over 40k on your processor. Here are screenshots of my BIOS screens. I'm pretty sure my overclock is working. When I went from 5Ghz to 5.1Ghz my score went up a little over 600 points multi and 120points single thread.

181223032247.jpg 181223032309.jpg

Just to make sure... You are mounting the correct efi folder? I have never had anything disappear. I have mounted the wrong efi though.

Yep I'm extra careful about that, due to some USB backup stick erased by mistakes because of bad mounts. But I think it has something to do with APFS. I've just copied a drivers64UEFI folder for exemple, it's appearing in the finder, but one reboot and the files aren't there anymore… I have to copy them over and over to finally get them on the disk, which drives me crazy!

Since I installed the Fenvi FV-T919 wireless and Bluetooth card, my system does not power off anymore. The BT is connected to an internal USB2 header. If I remove the cable the system shuts down and powers off normally, but once I connect the BT USB cable macOS seems to shut down, but the fans and RGB lights stay on until I tap the power button.

Is this a known issue and how can I get my system to power off completely again?

(I already tried the "Fix Shutdown" option in Clover Configurator, no change…)

I have two less cores, so my score of 31000 would roughly equate to over 40k on your processor. Here are screenshots of my BIOS screens. I'm pretty sure my overclock is working. When I went from 5Ghz to 5.1Ghz my score went up a little over 600 points multi and 120points single thread.

View attachment 374499 View attachment 374500
I checked and still getting 36500 or so. Ive seen like you said 40000 plus. For the life of me cant seem to figure it out.

Guys,

If your overclocking then you might need to add more C states to the X86PlatformPlugin.
Use Pike Alpha's Frequency Vectors script to inject the extra high (and low) c states ...

https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/freqVectorsEdit.sh

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Oh my god, APFS is the WORSE ! I'm starting from scratch from a HFS+, Clover is working normally for now. Even my stupid "Couldn't allocate runtime area is gone" error is gone. Guys, seriously, don't go APFS, at least for now…
I've been using APFS since I built this rig a few weeks ago. What's funny is I'm able to boot directly off of my Macbook Pro Retina drive that is formatted APFS and connected via onboard SATA without a hitch. My boot drive that is NVME I've been working out the bugs to get it running as smoothly as my laptop hard drive :lol:

My clover version was 46xx until I updated it today to 4813.

Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 12.01.29 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back