Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a slower geekbench or something specific ? I upgraded and it seems fine but I don't use FCP although I downloaded the trial and it seems to work fine
I’ll run a Geekbench and see. But I am seeing rendering speeds now only slightly faster than a single Vega. I’ll update this post once I have.
Geekbench stayed the same along with some other test's. Only thing I am experiencing slow down in is FCPX.

Last edited:
Just upgraded my Hackintosh to a 9900k on a Asus WS Z390 Pro. Everything's mostly working like a charm! Feels like a gigantic upgrade over 6700k
Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 4.04.58 PM.png

I updated to 10.14.3, and it looks like I lost audio from the back panel of the motherboard. I have the latest AppleALC. No outputs on the Sound Preferences settings for the back panel.

Any one else running into this?

Last edited:
I updated to 10.14.3, and it looks like I lost audio from the back panel of the motherboard. I have the latest AppleALC. No outputs on the Sound Preferences settings for the back panel.

Any one else running into this?
I didn’t loose audio but fcpx performance took a nose dive. Make sure in system preferences you set it back. I have noticed sometimes after a update it will have to be selected again.

I didn’t loose audio but fcpx performance took a nose dive. Make sure in system preferences you set it back. I have noticed sometimes after a update it will have to be selected again.

I found the problem. For some reason, after updating to 10.14.3, the layout-id in Clover/devices got changed with some random value.

Need help guys, I have the Aorus Pro WIFI and a Vega 64 as well and followed blouse's guide on page 1 (I also used his EFI folder). Boot is stuck here:

image1.jpeg

It's actually stuck on "Initialized /dev/rdisk4 as a 5 MB case-insensitive HFS Plus volume" The remaining lines were printed out when I unplugged my mouse. It's been stuck there for a while. Tried this couple of times and always the same. I did the exact same BIOS settings as per page 1 of this guide.

Ok, I got this working now. For some reason, it worked with a different USB port ;)

Hi! Today I installed Mojave, in an i9-9900K with a motherboard Aorus Pro WIFI Z390. I have managed to install your audio kext and watch all the audio channels. But, after updating the system, it stopped working. Can you help me please?

Easy - in your EFI > Clover > Kexts > OTHER folder redownload the ALCApple kext I provided and replace it in the Other folder.

When updating your kexts, OMIT updating this kext in the future.

Easy - in your EFI > Clover > Kexts > OTHER folder redownload the ALCApple kext I provided and replace it in the Other folder.

When updating your kexts, OMIT updating this kext in the future.

Did you updat your EFI folder since your last post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back