Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could somebody upload SSDT for Z390 Aorus Pro WIFI?
It's on the first post of my thread (link). Also, to disable the onboard Bluetooth/WiFi for macOS, add this custom flag to the Clover Boot loader. "uia_exclude=HS14"

@blouse - I also just built out a Z390 auros pro wifi with i9 and 32gb. 970 EVO m2. Single Radeon Sapphire Pulse.

I've got one odd issue that I can reliably produce. My system freezes during large/bulk IO operations. Example. If I copy 30gb or so worth of files from a USB disk to my 970 EVO, my system will just crash part way through. No panic message or anything (I've got verbose on).

Crash also happens any time I try to do a full backup to another SSD. It typically wipes out at around 5 or 6 gigs worth of activity.

Otherwise, I can work on the system for hours on end without any issues at all. It just doesn't like big IO operations.

I tried disabling XMP. No difference.

Any ideas would be very welcome.
Sounds like something isn't setup right. Follow this thread and my thread to make sure your settings/kexts are correct. I have a cheat Clover folder you can use in my thread.

@psedog - hey thanks! Will try the items in your thread. If I want to use your SSDT file do I need to make any edits becuase my GPU is the Sapphire pulse or can I just use it as is?

I appreciate the guidance!

@psedog - hey thanks! Will try the items in your thread. If I want to use your SSDT file do I need to make any edits becuase my GPU is the Sapphire pulse or can I just use it as is?

I appreciate the guidance!
My default config file has the power tables for the Vega 64. It's basically a fan profile and +50% power profile. I honestly think it'll work for you. If it doesn't, boot with the iGpu config file. Your card shouldn't need any extra configuration as support is built in natively. The Vega cards need the fix because our fans stay at full speed without it.

If you need more info/guidance on your video card, this guy has the same card as you link.

Last edited:
@psedog - So your config.plist worked for me straight out of the box. And SSDT seems to be working too.

Will be testing more extensively over next few days but so far looks promising.

MANY THANKS!

I found my problem. Through experimenting with a couple of bulk copies of data in my hack, I started noticing that my backup SSD was often the "star of the show". This SSD (a non M.2 device) is APFS formatted. I reformatted it to MAC OS extended. I've since tried about 5 different bulk copy operations without a hitch. And I ran my first successful backup of my hack last night.

I still like psedog's SSDT and config though - and I'm sticking with that. My hack boots faster and my USB devices work better.

Question: my M.2 is APFS formatted as well. Will this create future problems for me in Mojave - and should I reformat it as MAC OS extended?

Thanks!

Question: my M.2 is APFS formatted as well. Will this create future problems for me in Mojave - and should I reformat it as MAC OS extended?
You can reformat without issue. One of my partitions on my SATA SSD is that way.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 9.45.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 9.45.12 PM.png
    160.2 KB · Views: 94
Wow! i9-9900K with double GPU! Monster spec, huh!
I don't know why geekbench showed 2133MHz on your RAM. You planted 3600MHz RAM cards.
I'm still a noob.
Maybe need to set "Profile1" on extreme memory profile in BIOS?

Last edited:
I just ordered this same motherboard, PSU and a Vegas 64. Do I need to buy any cables to connect power to the Vegas 64 beyond what the PSU and motherboard will come with?

I just ordered this same motherboard, PSU and a Vegas 64. Do I need to buy any cables to connect power to the Vegas 64 beyond what the PSU and motherboard will come with?

Nope - your PCIe power cables that come with the PSU will be plenty. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back