Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Big Sur installation guide for Comet Lake chipset with: Asus Prime H470-Plus - I5-10400 - Radeon RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lion 10.7.4
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
Ati-Radeon-6770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
This is a kind a "Comet-Lake for dummies guide" in order to install Big Sur(release version) on the following Hardware configuration:
Mobo : Asus Prime H470-Plus
CPU : I5-10400
GPU : ASUS Radeon RX580 OC
RAM : 16Gb DDR4 Crucial Ballistix
SSD : CRUCIAL BX500 256GB

STEP 1 : First of all you need to create a booting USB Stick with Big-Sur release version installation.(no-public-beta)
Please refer to the following thread :
Note : Creating my USB installation required about 2 houres so be patient and wait confident.

Step 2 : When you have your USB boot stick put in and mount the EFI folder.
You can use the the Open-Core-Configurator in the OC-KIT.zip in attachment.
The Open-Core Configurator is very useful because in the "Tool" tab ther is the "Mount Efi" option that allows you to easy mount the EFI of the Big-Sur-Installation USB-Stick.

Unzip the "golden" EFI folder in attched EFI.zip take a deep breath and prepare yourself for the "Kansas City Shuffle" ... Ready???
Copy-Paste from "Golden EFI" into the "empty" EFI of the USB-Stick .
Did it??? Well...That's All !!!
Finally now you have a Big-Sur-Installation-Golden-USB that can work with our Comet-Lake HW configuration.
It's unbeliavable I agree....;)
The "Open Core installation approach" is based on a pre-configured EFI and doesn't need post installation tools like for example "Multibeast" or similar. (However, honestly, making a full-working pre-configured EFI required a lot of time and a minimal knowhow/bacground of EFI issues and Hackintosh tools)
After then using Open-Core-Configurator you can do a clean Un-Mount of USB EFI and Extract the USB Stick.

Step 3: Now keep calm get ready for the final rush.
I raccomend you to start with a clean installation. It would take a couple of houres so take your time.
Then boot from USB and start Big-Sur installation in your disk that of course you have to format with disk-utility in APFS.
Yes this is the usual standard boring Mac-Os installation.
You will need several reboots.:beachball:

I'm confident that with the specified HW config it should works Out of the Box.
Anyway I raccomend you to have a look at : https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/

Following "Dortania's Open Core guide", using Open-Core configurator and "google-lurcking" in TonyMac86's Forum you can resolve by yourself most issues.:ugeek:

In the golden Efi I also fixed "NVRAM-RTC" problem that causes random "Bios POST failure".

GOOD LUCK !!!

Attachments

• OC-KIT.zip
    13.6 MB · Views: 3,636
  • EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,346
Last edited:
Thank you very very much for EFI. My HW is almost the same except my ethernet is I219-V. (TUF h470 pro wi-fi)
I installed and boot to desktop with your EFI. I updated kexts inside, but no network for me :(
How can I add or replace IntelMausi which supports my NIC, instead of IntelMausiEthernet you used?

edit: I've learned how to use ProperTree and loaded kext needed. I'm online now :) Thanks again

Last edited:
Thank you very very much for EFI. My HW is almost the same except my ethernet is I219-V. (TUF h470 pro wi-fi)
I installed and boot to desktop with your EFI. I updated kexts inside, but no network for me :(
How can I add or replace IntelMausi which supports my NIC, instead of IntelMausiEthernet you used?

edit: I've learned how to use ProperTree and loaded kext needed. I'm online now :) Thanks again
So sorry I could help you but I read only today your message.

Using ProperTree you choosed the "code editor approach" that is a bit more difficult but from the other side is always the best and clear way if you know the "plist syntax".

Perhaps the "ordinary maintenance approach" using Open-Core configurator would be easier:
Mount your EFI partition ad with Open-Core-Configurator open yuor config.plist.
Before you should have downloaded from the "OC repo" InteMausi.kext.
So copy it in your EFI "Kexts" folder.
Then in the Kernel menu you will see the list of your kexts(see example in attachment) and in your case also the new one you ave just added.
Uncheck IntelMausiEthernet.kext and instead of it check InteMausi.kext.
Save config.plist ad from the tools menu unmount the EFI folder then reboot and it should work...

Anyway I'm very happy that you find the solution because I think that resolving the problem by ourselves is a little victory but always a big satisfaction... Isn't it??? :clap:;)

Attachments

• oc-conf-scrshot-example.jpg
    oc-conf-scrshot-example.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
Thank you very much for EFI. i have Asus H470 Pro.
My VGA Card is Gt740. it is work fine. but i don't have sound on HDMI Audio. can you Help me to fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back