CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Upgraded my GA-Z97X-UD5H rig to GA-Z490 VISION G (no Thunderbolt)- very smooth :thumbup:

1) Before installation, Firmware upgrade to 8C

2) Followed description on page 1 from CaseySJ's Z490 thread:clap::
1612662696535.png

Note: Firmware 8c sets CFG lock to locked by default, change status to unlocked to avoid boot failure

3) OC 0.6.6 set up for this board from the thread: EFI folder

1612719360984.png

Working:
+ ALC1220-VB audio
+ i225 Ethernet

Not working:
monitor wake up from sleep

Attachments

• 1612660845595.png
    1612660845595.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
thanks bro for your guide you help me a lot. I don't have a serial number

When buying a motherboard, there was a F7 BIOS version.
Everything works perfectly!

Hi, thanks for the information.
do you have an updated version of this with oc 0.73?

Hi, @Hamed
After several months of using Big Sur, I have come to the conclusion that Mojave is currently the best macOS operating system. Including for our hardware. I have successfully updated on Mojave the version of the OpenCore to 0.7.3.

HI, real nubi to OC and this board. one question: how the hell did you get it run?
Can ya share the OC EFI zipped file?
I've spent all day trying different ones, making my own (which I don't know what the hell I'm doing) and reading this site and in general hackintosh sites.

I have the Z490 Vision G - i9 - 64 mb ram
It posts, it sometimes has a screen (text) to choose reset nvram or boot the installer.
I created a USB installer for Monterey.
Should I be using Big Sur?
Catalina?
Mojave?

HI, real nubi to OC and this board. one question: how the hell did you get it run?
Can ya share the OC EFI zipped file?
I've spent all day trying different ones, making my own (which I don't know what the hell I'm doing) and reading this site and in general hackintosh sites.

I have the Z490 Vision G - i9 - 64 mb ram
It posts, it sometimes has a screen (text) to choose reset nvram or boot the installer.
I created a USB installer for Monterey.
Should I be using Big Sur?
Catalina?
Mojave?
If you need help with Z490 on Comet Lake/Rocket Lake i9 you can check out my OC build here. It works with anything from High Sierra to Big Sur.
Monterey works but is still being tweaked. > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...re-i5-10400-i9-11900k-nvidia-gtx-1060.310287/

If you need help with Z490 on Comet Lake/Rocket Lake i9 you can check out my OC build here. It works with anything from High Sierra to Big Sur.
Monterey works but is still being tweaked. > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...re-i5-10400-i9-11900k-nvidia-gtx-1060.310287/
I"ll give it a try, if I understand the lingo - definitions and such escape me.
--OK TRIED FOLLOWING. Tried all the steps.
Got to the OpenCore Boot Menu (Rel-068-2021...
1-9 selections and A. B. C. D. selecton.
then [Restart] [Shutdown]
Choose the Operating System

Then nothing. Can't choose os. I've got a BigSur and a Monterey USB built.
I tried a different OC and they show up as a choice - in a different way, but with this OC no choices.

What do I do now?

Last edited:
I"ll give it a try, if I understand the lingo - definitions and such escape me.
--OK TRIED FOLLOWING. Tried all the steps.
Got to the OpenCore Boot Menu (Rel-068-2021...
1-9 selections and A. B. C. D. selecton.
then [Restart] [Shutdown]
Choose the Operating System

Then nothing. Can't choose os. I've got a BigSur and a Monterey USB built.
I tried a different OC and they show up as a choice - in a different way, but with this OC no choices.

What do I do now?
Okay, then have a look at this build here. This is specifically for your board, chip and setup so
should work. > https://github.com/5T33Z0/Gigabyte-Z490-Vision-G-Hackintosh-OpenCore

All you have to do is download this new EFI, replace the one in your current drives, then copy over/generate new UUIDs and serials and add them to this EFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back