Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

Since I started using an USB connected UPS in Mojave the sleep stopped working. The rig wakes up right after going to sleep.

Any recommendations on settings?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-09-22 at 14.01.58.png
    Screenshot 2019-09-22 at 14.01.58.png
    109.7 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot 2019-09-22 at 14.01.49.png
    Screenshot 2019-09-22 at 14.01.49.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot 2019-09-22 at 14.01.21.png
    Screenshot 2019-09-22 at 14.01.21.png
    159.8 KB · Views: 60
updated to 10.4.6 supplemental update. Only one issue, when updated to latest version of brmcRAM2 and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, my Bluetooth was not recognised so again downgraded the kexts and now no problems.

10.14.6 Supplemental Update went through with no problems here.
confirming all works as before.

My continuity stopped working, which was working in earlier versions. In system report it says handoffs supported but it’s not working. I am using one of the supported m.2 Broadcom WiFi cards. Also as mentioned earlier with latest version of brmcfirmwarerepo and ram2 kext Bluetooth stops working but WiFi works!

My continuity stopped working, which was working in earlier versions. In system report it says handoffs supported but it’s not working. I am using one of the supported m.2 Broadcom WiFi cards. Also as mentioned earlier with latest version of brmcfirmwarerepo and ram2 kext Bluetooth stops working but WiFi works!
I had a nightmare with Bluetooth too, I removed BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext all together from S/L/E and EFI/Clover/kexts/Other. Then used Kextbeast to reinstall in L/E, and somehow it worked.

-disablegfxfirmware causes the final cut pro space to preview the video card, and the core graphics frequency is limited to 0.35. The z390 can be perfected by streamlining WhateverGreen removes -disablegfxfirmware to reach the core graphics card. Can z370 bypass the change bios...

92653E00DA0AD6FCEF2BABC4D6E5A40D.JPG

upgrade to 10.15 went smooth no problems noticed after.
not a heavy user but all seams to be ok.

Catalina upgrade went smoothly but as of now iMessage and continuity not working. iMessage asks me to authenticate but providing correct Apple ID password it gives error cannot activate iMessage.

Last edited:
ok now iMessage works by following idiots guide to iMessage (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/). One thing very important I found was that with my BIOS V10 (I don't know if this is the problem) NVRAM is not working on this motherboard please follow the link to test and how to put EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC Scripts with the Clover installer. Continuity is still a problem

Updating clover in Catalina wont work for me. csrutil disable in recovery produces this state:
Code:
csrutil status
System Integrity Protection status: unknown (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:
    Apple Internal: disabled
    Kext Signing: disabled
    Filesystem Protections: enabled
    Debugging Restrictions: enabled
    DTrace Restrictions: enabled
    NVRAM Protections: enabled
    BaseSystem Verification: enabled

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.
~ $

I guess the problem is it doesn't turn off filesystem protection.

Apparently Catalina moved all sys files to a read only partition

Last edited:
Back