Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

Updating clover in Catalina wont work for me. csrutil disable in recovery produces this state:
Code:
csrutil status
System Integrity Protection status: unknown (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:
    Apple Internal: disabled
    Kext Signing: disabled
    Filesystem Protections: enabled
    Debugging Restrictions: enabled
    DTrace Restrictions: enabled
    NVRAM Protections: enabled
    BaseSystem Verification: enabled

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.
~ $

I guess the problem is it doesn't turn off filesystem protection.

Apparently Catalina moved all sys files to a read only partition

Post-installation in Catalina involves 2 steps: disable System Integrity Protection (SIP) and to disable Gatekeeper:

1. What you need to do is to enable SIP: Open clover configurator, mount your EFI, open config.plist (is in /EFI/CLOVER/ ), then under Rt Variables: CsrActiveConfig, change it to 0x67 (this will disable SIP), and restart.
- Disable SIP: 0x67
- Enable SIP: 0x00
- mine was originally set to 0x03 (partial)

2. After restarting, go back to terminal, and type: sudo mount -uw /
Or you can use Hackintool (click Tools, then click the security & privacy icon at the bottom). You can see this link: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...tion-read-write-for-post-installation.283749/

3. you may want to re-enable SIP after the post-installation.

Hope it helps!

Last edited:
Beside the csrutil disable in recovery, you also need to mount root partition Read/Write to do any post-installation: This is either by going to Terminal (open /Applications/Utilitites/Terminal, type sudo mount -uw /) or you can use Hackintool (click Tools, then click the security & privacy icon at the bottom). You can see this link: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...tion-read-write-for-post-installation.283749/
thanks for that
unfortunately doesn't work for me I'm also getting the
Code:
mount_apfs: volume could not be mounted: Operation not permitted
mount: / failed with 77

Saw this thread for BIOS problem after F10 which solves not booting after BIOS Version >10

How to clone Catalina drive with Carbon copy (CCC) it shows now a Data volume and the main volume in my case Volume Hackintosh.

How to clone Catalina drive with Carbon copy (CCC) it shows now a Data volume and the main volume in my case Volume Hackintosh.

I think you need to copy the EFI over after cloning your drive, I'm not sure if I can post a youtube video link here, but if you search on youtube: "Easiest Way to Create Bootable Hackintosh Backups!" They teach how to use CCC, alternatively you can use Disk Utility in Recovery mode to do the same, and just need to copy the EFI folder like in the youtube video.

i Have installed rx 570 yesterday and now videoproc is unable to use any GPU for hardware acceleration. It’s not able to find the card. Capture one and darktable are utilising it properly. I am able to see this in GPU history window in activity monitor.

Just a headsup to anyone the latest .1 update did not go smoothly at all.
looks like video is dead. didn't investigate as not my daily driver.

Just a headsup to anyone the latest .1 update did not go smoothly at all.
looks like video is dead. didn't investigate as not my daily driver.
Black screen when updating 10.15.1 can be prevented by installing the latest whatevergreen 1.3.4.

Can confirm. Update WEG to 1.3.4 before update and it goes smooth after.

Back