Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. The bit of searching I turned up seems to indicate this may likely be an audio issue.

What audio solution are you using? If Voodoo, be sure it is up-to-date, and, possibly reinstall it.

If AppleHDA, I am not able to assist here - you will need to start a thread in the correct forum and post your Clover and IOReg. Remove theme, S/n & uuid before posting.

OK. The bit of searching I turned up seems to indicate this may likely be an audio issue.

What audio solution are you using? If Voodoo, be sure it is up-to-date, and, possibly reinstall it.

If AppleHDA, I am not able to assist here - you will need to start a thread in the correct forum and post your Clover and IOReg. Remove theme, S/n & uuid before posting.
Im I little bit confused, I just have RealtekALc.kext, no appleHDA , I was going to try installing voodoo, should I delete the realtekALC and install the latest voodoo?

I would. That worked for me.

You can get AppleHDA working, but I have not pursued that since Voodoo works without issue. With AppleHDA, you will have to re-do on updates until our boards are supported.

I would. That worked for me.

You can get AppleHDA working, but I have not pursued that since Voodoo works without issue. With AppleHDA, you will have to re-do on updates until our boards are supported.
Im going to instal voodoo then, the latest one, right? should I erase any kext or something?

You can remove the Realtek kext.

1st off, I want to say this is an AMAZING guide. I've been trying to follow it as close as I can. Today I tackled the last step of eliminating the unused USB ports. That FINALLY allowed the machine to stay asleep.

Our machines are almost the same, except for a 1080 instead of a 1070. I'm attaching my Clover folder and IOReg to see if I missed anything.

The machine is running great EXCEPT once in awhile it appears like the graphics driver crashes. The screen will freeze, but you'll have like a rectangular black block where the mouse was, and you can't click on anything, requiring a hard reset. I just wanted to get some extra eyes on my config, perhaps I'm applying a patch, or loading a kext, that I shouldn't be.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Attachments

• CloverFolder+IOReg.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 72
1st off, I want to say this is an AMAZING guide. I've been trying to follow it as close as I can. Today I tackled the last step of eliminating the unused USB ports. That FINALLY allowed the machine to stay asleep.

Our machines are almost the same, except for a 1080 instead of a 1070. I'm attaching my Clover folder and IOReg to see if I missed anything.

The machine is running great EXCEPT once in awhile it appears like the graphics driver crashes. The screen will freeze, but you'll have like a rectangular black block where the mouse was, and you can't click on anything, requiring a hard reset. I just wanted to get some extra eyes on my config, perhaps I'm applying a patch, or loading a kext, that I shouldn't be.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
A very quick look at the config.plist shows you have a Fake CPU ID listed - if you are on 10.12.6 you should remove that. Also, you might consider using the 18,3 SMBIOS - resolves some quirks that 14,2 "has." Your issue may be one of them.

I can't tell what kexts you have installed since they are on your machine and not in the Clover Other folder (aside from the USB kext).

I don't know what _OSI is (I'll have to look that up later), but I don't have that one.

I think the "#" comments out the line, but I'm not positive:

<key>#FakeCPUID</key>
<string>0x010676</string>

(this is how it appears, I'll try simply deleting it and report back)

Here's a view of the two kext folders:

L / E:

NXBX0YZ.png

S / L / E:

VCtIczy.png

The _OSI is a part of RehabMan's USB guide: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All/master/config_patches.plist

I'll give 18,3 a shot and report back. Thanks!

Regarding the pound sign - been quite some time since I've "programmed" a plist, so I can't recall, but thanks for the pointer. I do know my config.plist does not have the CPU value for the key.

Otherwise, L/E seems OK - I'll compare to mine when I get the chance.

Hopefully 18,3 will fix the freeze problem.

Awesome, thanks!

I'm up on 18,3 now, re-did the iMessage guide, all seems ok there. Funny thing with that, the only thing I can't do is FaceTime outbound to anyone else in the house, people outside of this network are fine. Also they can FT me. I'm guessing it's something to do with us all sharing the same public IP, and that I don't have a wi-fi module in here. My "real" MBP can call them no problem, go figure.

Anyway, again I wanted to thank you for the excellent guide! :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back