Contribute
Register

[Success] Asus Z10PA-D8 2683v4 2x64 with Vega FE (no iGPU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, yes, I have managed to install it.
but i need them to update the kepler patch
hey, what exactly is our graphic card?

can you send me a link for the kepler patch?

share you EFI, if possible.

i dont know why but i am not able to get VENTURA working.

My graphic is AMD Radeon RX 560 4 GB, i started to have problems with new versions of whatevergreen kext, i kept the 1.5.1. After that version my computer shuts-down immediately.

The computer with ventura does not shut down, but a black screen does not allow me to proceed to full installation

Best Regards

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 72
hello guys

are you able to instal VENTURA on your machines
Yes I have, hi. Works like a charm, no hangs, both CPU and all the RAM visible, boots from NVME.

The only thing is SLEEP! I've read here before that z10pa is a "server" board and can't go sleep. However I've found NO mention of this elsewhere: afaik, any Intel PC board can sleep well.

Yes, according to Intel, there's no C3 state in my xeons (e5-2650v4); I doubt that this fact is tightly linked to S3/STR, but anyway: I agree for hibernation too! But the board keeps rolling those fans (and presumably CPU cores?) despite the OS switches off the video.

I enabled hibernation in bios (acpi auto: off, hibernation: enabled); I enabled C3 state show-off. No luck.

Any idea??

Yes I have, hi. Works like a charm, no hangs, both CPU and all the RAM visible, boots from NVME.

The only thing is SLEEP! I've read here before that z10pa is a "server" board and can't go sleep. However I've found NO mention of this elsewhere: afaik, any Intel PC board can sleep well.

Yes, according to Intel, there's no C3 state in my xeons (e5-2650v4); I doubt that this fact is tightly linked to S3/STR, but anyway: I agree for hibernation too! But the board keeps rolling those fans (and presumably CPU cores?) despite the OS switches off the video.

I enabled hibernation in bios (acpi auto: off, hibernation: enabled); I enabled C3 state show-off. No luck.

Any idea??
Hello

yes, i suppose sleep is not possible because the board is a server, even enabling hibernation on bios, i've done that to.

can you share your EFI folder?

what's your graphic card?

regards

yes, i suppose sleep is not possible because the board is a server, even enabling hibernation on bios, i've done that to.
I would not suppose so. The power button DOES make an event when pushed shortly; no google result on sleep probs either. And this is server-like platform, it's plain old ATX.
In case I fail with Ventura, I'll try to download a live stick of windoze for tests, and am pretty sure it WILL sleep.

I'd rather blame un-mapped USB ports (I always leave this for fine-tuning) and NVRAM that has to be emulated (see plist), but still does not work stably; sometimes it does not recall some vars.

The efi is stolen mainly from a thread on x99, after I got the installer drive unexpectedly booted well on this mobo; I didn't know that c612 is essentially the same.

The EFI is somewhat dirty yet, so please poke me if something is wrong.

The video is RX6600XT, working OOB including audio over DP. I prefer to buy well-compatible cards in order to avoid a lot of black magic.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.8 MB · Views: 56
OK, if I'm the one who keeps posting here.
I've got into DSDT dumped by ioreg and (predictably) found no ref to S3 over there, only S4.
Also, reduced-hw ACPI is not present (register addresses are zero).

Now. Shall I try to patch DSDT so it adds S3? Or is it possible that the mobo does not support STR at all??
Or is it better to try forcing Ventura into S4 (I'm fine with it)? How, if so?

Last edited:
Captura de pantalla 2023-02-27 a las 14.23.00.png

We are advancing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back