Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Sabertooth Z77 + i7-3770 + GTX570 [Update x3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [SUCCESS] ASUS Sabertooth Z77 + i7-3770 [Update x3]

I installed the AICPM kext, went to S/L/E to make sure NullCPU was gone, rebooted and boom, it was all working.

I also have Windows 7 Pro on a seperate drive.

@vkfresh: It's great to see you jumping in on the Z77 boards + 3000 Series CPU's I was wondering did you buy the ASUS board knowing you had a TB Header at the bottom for the potential ASUS ThunderboltEX expansion when it comes out?

Originally I built this rig for gaming/design with Win 7. I am a 100% Apple fanboi, but lets face it, gaming on Macs is not that great. Then I just so happened to stumble on a Lifehacker article about building a hackintosh, and after doing a bunch of research decided to try out my build with the methods provided here. And now Im pretty damn happy with a kick-ass dual boot system. Work on Mac side, game on Windows Side. Ive heard about Hackintoshe's in the past, but always thought it was too much trouble to tinker with. Clearly not the case.

On the topic of Thunderbolt - the http://www.tomshardware.com/news/asus-thunderbolt-Z77-H77-pcie,15925.html card costs $200 and provides 0 use for me at the moment, maybe in a year or two when Thunderbolt is more mainstream and more than 4 products support it, then ill consider it. It is pretty nice that ASUS Z77 boards support the option to add that on though.

How did you guys get your front case header USB 3.0 ports to be recognized? My 2 front USB 2.0 ports work, but my 2 front USB 3.0 ports aren't recognized by OS X. Both sets of rear USB 3.0 ports work (4 total ports). I followed this guide exactly.
This is the last thing for me to figure out before the system is 100% flawless :)

hmm whole buncha replies disappeared...

I noticed that... I didn't see the replies before they disappeared. Did someone talk about mountain lion? (not allowed i believe).

Anyhow, if the replies were about getting the front USB 3.0 header ports to work, please PM me :)

It was somebody who didnt have a USB Flash drive, and was trying to install 10.7.0 from an SD Card.

Guide seems to have worked pretty well for me so far (Chimera is booting the HDD with Lion on absolutely fine), but I'm having issues with graphics: both the displays I have hooked up to my 570 CLASSIFIED operate at what looks like stretched 480p, but when I login and try to change them up to 1080p, some wierd artifacting occurs (looks like the display goes up to the top left corner of monitor 1) and the system hard-freezes with constant HDD activity (what). Both displays are connected via DVI->HDMI, but the problem reoccurs with direct HDMI. Additionally, a verbose boot spams a load of stuff about USB failing to connect (although I haven't attempted to troubleshoot this, will try unplugging stuff later). I multibeasted with the directions in the OP, making sure to remove NullCPUPowerManagement before the reboot.

Anyone got any ideas? Am I just doing something incredibly dumb?

luaduck said:
Guide seems to have worked pretty well for me so far (Chimera is booting the HDD with Lion on absolutely fine), but I'm having issues with graphics: both the displays I have hooked up to my 570 CLASSIFIED operate at what looks like stretched 480p, but when I login and try to change them up to 1080p, some wierd artifacting occurs (looks like the display goes up to the top left corner of monitor 1) and the system hard-freezes with constant HDD activity (what). Both displays are connected via DVI->HDMI, but the problem reoccurs with direct HDMI. Additionally, a verbose boot spams a load of stuff about USB failing to connect (although I haven't attempted to troubleshoot this, will try unplugging stuff later). I multibeasted with the directions in the OP, making sure to remove NullCPUPowerManagement before the reboot.

Anyone got any ideas? Am I just doing something incredibly dumb?
Perhaps try to find a monitor or use one that has just DVI and not hook it up to HDMI..it seem to be at least from what you are explaining that HDMI is failing...I haven't tried using HDMI on mine. Just a suggestion.
Another thing perhaps try to update your graphics card driver with the newest one.

Hope that helps.

Funny enough, i just built a duplicate system part for part for a friend of mine, but switch the monitor to an ASUS VE278Q 27" HDMI monitor. The HDMI output does not work at all. DVI works fine though. Have yet to figure out the problem, but just thought i should mention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back