Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Sabertooth Z77 + i7-3770 + GTX570 [Update x3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the exact same motherboard, and an i5-3570k. I tried installing AICPM.kext, and i get a kernel panic every time. Sleep and everything appears to be working as is without it, so i guess i'll just leave it alone? Weird because everyone else seems to be having great luck with that kext.

Obvious Answer Man said:
While it isn't Obvious, one of the moderators posted this today: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=67710

but my problem is it goes to sleep but need to restart to use the computer again
and i tried that pmset -g assertions and i have that EnableIdleSleep 1
but i can't find in activity monitor
don't know how to fix it

Nice build, yeah

luaduck said:
Guide seems to have worked pretty well for me so far (Chimera is booting the HDD with Lion on absolutely fine), but I'm having issues with graphics: both the displays I have hooked up to my 570 CLASSIFIED operate at what looks like stretched 480p, but when I login and try to change them up to 1080p, some wierd artifacting occurs (looks like the display goes up to the top left corner of monitor 1) and the system hard-freezes with constant HDD activity (what). Both displays are connected via DVI->HDMI, but the problem reoccurs with direct HDMI. Additionally, a verbose boot spams a load of stuff about USB failing to connect (although I haven't attempted to troubleshoot this, will try unplugging stuff later). I multibeasted with the directions in the OP, making sure to remove NullCPUPowerManagement before the reboot.

Anyone got any ideas? Am I just doing something incredibly dumb?

In followup to this:

Jul 12 22:33:01 Andrews-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: NVDAGF100HAL loaded and registered.
Jul 12 22:33:01 Andrews-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: DSMOS has arrived
Jul 12 22:33:03 Andrews-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: macx_swapon SUCCESS
Jul 12 22:33:04 Andrews-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: AppleIntelE1000e(Info): Link is Up 1000 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: Rx/Tx
Jul 12 22:33:12 Andrews-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: GFX0: Not usable

I'm starting to run out of ideas here.

vkfresh

what's your bios version?
i just updated my bios to the newest 1304
now i'm trying all the methods to get my system working
i figured out something very intersteing
without any multibeast applied to the lion
sleep/wake works perfectly
i'm still testing on the kext atm
will update soon

Im too chicken to upgrade my BIOS. Still on shipped stock April 2012 Version.
Boot Screen resolution is only like 1024x768 because the video card isnt configured for 1080p bootscreen resolution. That can only be changed by screwing around with the GTX570 BIOS, and im not willing to screw up the card by messing with its BIOS.

When I did the install I initially had to manually remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to get sleep to work, but i installed mine before this was fixed in latest multibeast update.

I have almost same setup: Sabertooth Z77 + i5 3570k + Gigabyte gtx 670

Should I upgrade my MB bios?it has the one from factory (bought it in april 2012)

What should I install to get gtx 670 working?

I haven't tried installing mac yet but I want to know the best way to get this working :p

Should I wait for Mountain Lion (10.8) or should I "play safe" with 10.7.4?

thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back