Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Sabertooth Z77 + i7-3770 + GTX570 [Update x3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Working] ASUS Sabertooth Z77 + i7-3770

Graphics card "appears" to be working well. The display is snappy and its listed correctly in the system.

I'm using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and sleep/wake does not work. Have to hard reset if I put it to sleep, else it stays as a black screen.

The Geforce 670 is working great using the drivers from the newest MBP update. I'm not sure about iCloud because I don't use it.

hmm that's odd that your sleep/wake doesn't work. I re-tried mine and it works just fine maybe your are missing some kexts that I do have installed.

By the way I didn't do a clean install either when I updated mine to the new kernel. I went this route that was mentioned in this thread viewtopic.php?f=169&t=63736&start=10 minus the deleting of NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. That might be a difference...not sure, which also could explain why I don't have graphics support for my nvidia 580...

Are you guys' front USB 3.0 ports (USB 3.0 header) working? My rear ports work, but my front panel ports don't seem to be recognized.

hexc0de said:
Are you guys' front USB 3.0 ports (USB 3.0 header) working? My rear ports work, but my front panel ports don't seem to be recognized.

My front port USB 3.0 ports work. As for my USB 2.0, I can't tell, they broke a while back, too lazy to call for replacement parts for the front header.

Anyways. followed the advice on this thread and everything works. Except Sleep//Wake. However, since I use my system for Pro Tools work, and they say to disable all sleep settings, this isn't a deal breaker, since I rather have my Pro Tools installation working correctly. I also, use my rig for photo and video editing. I have Windows 7 installed on a different hard drive for gaming. But all work productivity is done on Mac OS X. And haven't had any issues so far. Basically followed what the OP did.

1. Download Lion 10.7.4 via app store.
2. Installed it to a USB Drive via Unibeat.
3. Applied BirdgeHelper 5.0 to my USB Drive.
4. Installed Lion.
5. Booted back into Unibeast and opened Terminal and typed each of the following commands.
Code:
rm /Volumes/Lion/mach_kernel
cp /Volumes/USB/mach_kernel /Volumes/Lion/
6. Booted into Lion and ran Multibeast with the OP settings.
vkfresh said:
Post INstallation: [MultiBeast]
1.EasyBeast
2.System Utilities.
3.Realtek ALC8xx + ALC8xxHDA + AppleHDA Rollback + Non-DSDT ALC892
4.Trim Enabler
5.NVIDIA 4xx/5xx Support -> 10.7.2 / 10.7.3 Combo OpenCL
6.ElliotForceLegacyRTC
7.FakeSMC + FakeSMC Motherboard + HW
8.NullCPU + USB 3.0
9.10.7.4 Power Management
10. hnak's Intel Ethernet

And that was it. Installed all my programs and set up settings to the recommended settings provided by each of the programs.

I follow this guide to the letter and everything is working perfect.
Sabertooth z77, intel 3770k, SSD 128GB OCZ AGILITY 3, 8GB RAM
Lion 10.7.4 with Bridgehelper 5.

HD4000 @ 1920x1080x32 but no accelerated graphics capability.
icloud also working.

many thanks :D

I did a clean install the other day following this guide and it works just fine! I have full support for my graphics card and seems to be more stable than before.

Re: [Working] ASUS Sabertooth Z77 + i7-3770 [Update x2]

I upgraded my hackintosh with a Palit GTX560 TI 1gb an it worked out of the box following your guide:

Post INstallation: [MultiBeast]
1.EasyBeast
2.System Utilities.
3.Realtek ALC8xx + ALC8xxHDA + AppleHDA Rollback + Non-DSDT ALC892
4.Trim Enabler
5.NVIDIA 4xx/5xx Support -> 10.7.2 / 10.7.3 Combo OpenCL
6.ElliotForceLegacyRTC
7.FakeSMC + FakeSMC Motherboard + HW
8.NullCPU + USB 3.0
9.10.7.4 Power Management
10. hnak's Intel Ethernet

Now I've got a full working Hackintosh with CUDA enabled and running flawlessly.

Re: [SUCCESS] ASUS Sabertooth Z77 + i7-3770 [Update x3]

System at 100% now after MB 4.6.1 AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

iCloud and Sleep/Wake now work - and GPU is working optimally OOB now.

Re: [SUCCESS] ASUS Sabertooth Z77 + i7-3770 [Update x3]

vkfresh said:
System at 100% now after MB 4.6.1 AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

iCloud and Sleep/Wake now work - and GPU is working optimally OOB now.

what do you mean by that? How do I apply that .kext? I've successfully installed Lion and can boot into it from Chimera, but get boot errors when I try from the HD. Maybe its because I'm dual booting with windows 7? Any ideas?

Thanks for all your help. This thread was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back