Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Sabertooth Z77 + i7-3770 + GTX570 [Update x3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Working] ASUS Sabertooth Z77 + i7-3770

I have the same motherboard and CPU (and a EVGA Geforce 670 GTX), but am unable to get lion to recognize my hard drives when trying to install with Unibeast. I've made sure my BIOS settings are correct:

SATA in AHCI mode
Made sure Intel Rapid Storage and Smart Connect were disabled
Disk drives put into SATA 2 ports (rather than SATA 3)

I'm able to load the Unibeast USB installer fine, I just can't get it to recognize my hard drives. I have 2 120 GB OCZ SSDs, and a WD 2TB Green HDD. None of them are recognized. Any ideas of what could be causing this?

The only difference is that my Unibeast USB is Lion 10.7.0 (+BridgeHelper), rather than 10.7.4(+BridgeHelper).

Make sure the drives are connected to the white Intel SATA III ports, and also are you able to see them in Disk Utility?

If hexc0de is using the same motherboard then I can confirm there are no "white" sata ports. They are color coded brown, orange and grey. When I set mine up the first time I had them in the WRONG spots, I believe it was SATA ports 5 and 6, and it made no difference whatsoever, it worked fine.

Is the HDD you are attempting to use pre-formatted to anything? Mine was new out of the box, non-formatted.

The issue ended up being that I was using BridgeHelper 5.0 on a Lion 10.7.0 Unibeast USB. I now know that BridgeHelper 5.0 is not compatible with 10.7.0; none of my disk drives were recognized by Disk Utility within the installer. I tried BridgeHelper 5.0 on a 10.7.4 UniBeast USB, and the installer was able to detect my drives first try - even in the brown SATA ports (SATA 3 6.0gbps). I'm typing this from my fresh Lion install :)

Gratz!! I honestly had Bridgehelper in the back of my mind, but not in the way you described. Glad to see you were able to get it working! :D

You got the ivy bridge kernel working on our mobo? It kept rebooting at the apple logo when I ran Bh5.0.

vkfresh said:
You got the ivy bridge kernel working on our mobo? It kept rebooting at the apple logo when I ran Bh5.0.

I used the guide that you posted on the first page. Ran BH5.0 targeting my 10.7.4 Unibeast USB. Installed with the USB. Then booted back into Unibeast and did:

rm /Volumes/USB/mach_kernel
cp /Volumes/USB/mach_kernel /Volumes/Lion/

10.7.4 booted flawlessly after following these steps.

hexc0de said:
vkfresh said:

I used the guide that you posted on the first page. Ran BH5.0 targeting my 10.7.4 Unibeast USB. Installed with the USB. Then booted back into Unibeast and did:

rm /Volumes/USB/mach_kernel
cp /Volumes/USB/mach_kernel /Volumes/Lion/

10.7.4 booted flawlessly after following these steps.

Is your iCloud working? How bout sleep/wake?

I realize you weren't asking me, but here goes.

I don't use iCloud

No, sleep/wake does not work. If the Mac side goes into sleep nothing but a hard reboot will bring it back.

I got the new kernel to work for me but I had to keep the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext otherwise I would get a KP not sure if you had a similar problem but maybe try to put that kext back in.

I wouldn't know if icloud would work because I don't use it. I tried sleep and it worked for me so not sure what your problem is...I can try again and see if it will work (fairly sure it worked when I tried it last time), when I go back to the osx side.

Also for those who updated to the new kernel does your graphics card work? I lost my support for my graphics card did any of you get yours to work? If not I can just wait for more support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back