Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

Has anyone experience this..

Upgrade was smooth but after replacing opencore 0.6.3 file to 0.6.7 I cannot booting. Its always redirect to bios .. im pretty sure the folder is correct because I paste what inside the installer
EFI
-- BOOT
-- OC

Right now i only can boot via usb installer, weird..

Last edited:
Has anyone experience this..

Upgrade was smooth but after replacing opencore 0.6.3 file to 0.6.7 I cannot booting. Its always redirect to bios .. im pretty sure the folder is correct because I paste what inside the installer
EFI
-- BOOT
-- OC

Right now i only can boot via usb installer, weird..
Try clearing the boot entries in the bios then resetting the NVRAM, thats often needed starting with OC 6.6

Try clearing the boot entries in the bios then resetting the NVRAM, thats often needed starting with OC 6.6
Thanks! I'm able to boot now.

Regarding the boot entries .. now since opencore using launcheroption there is 2 opencore entries on by boot menu.
- Bootstrap
- Launcher

Is this expected? If no .. how can we remove the boostrap boot entries?

Thanks! I'm able to boot now.

Regarding the boot entries .. now since opencore using launcheroption there is 2 opencore entries on by boot menu.
- Bootstrap
- Launcher

Is this expected? If no .. how can we remove the boostrap boot entries?
What shows in your bios boot menu now? Using the bootstrap menu is what Open Core 6.6 is all about. This helps explain why especially if you run multiple operating systems.

Last edited:
I am wondering if it is possible to get Sleep working. In my case the internal USB hub seems to prevent sleep because the Hub is configured as internal but the Bluetooth card is not recognised as internal and according to peset prevents sleep.

I am wondering if it is possible to get Sleep working. In my case the internal USB hub seems to prevent sleep because the Hub is configured as internal but the Bluetooth card is not recognised as internal and according to peset prevents sleep.
To answer that question I’d need to see your EFI contents without serial numbers etc. I had to change a couple of things that @scope666 needed to get sleep working on my machine

To answer that question I’d need to see your EFI contents without serial numbers etc. I had to change a couple of things that @scope666 needed to get sleep working on my machine

Yeah, mine is a bit more aggressive because I have a Corsair Commander (RGB Lighting, part of my case) and it causes wake ups right after sleep starts. It was either that or my closed loop liquid CPU cooler. I think Leesureone disabled the GPRW ACPI patch if I'm not mistaking?

Yeah, mine is a bit more aggressive because I have a Corsair Commander (RGB Lighting, part of my case) and it causes wake ups right after sleep starts. It was either that or my closed loop liquid CPU cooler. I think Leesureone disabled the GPRW ACPI patch if I'm not mistaking?
Yes, that was the main change I made to get sleep working. @wvpoeijer if your USB internal port is configured incorrectly you can use Hackintool to change that. There are lots of places to go for answers on how to do that, I'll link to something if needed.

Yes, that was the main change I made to get sleep working. @wvpoeijer if your USB internal port is configured incorrectly you can use Hackintool to change that. There are lots of places to go for answers on how to do that, I'll link to something if needed.
I indeed disabled the GPRW patch, but it did not change anything. In included my EFI folder (with serials removed), and I will have a look at fixing USB myself.

pmset -g assertions give me:
Kernel Assertions: 0x4=USB
id=501 level=255 0x4=USB creat=21/03/2021, 21:10 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14900000 owner=USB2.0 Hub
id=503 level=255 0x4=USB creat=21/03/2021, 21:13 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14320000 owner=BRCM20702 Hub

And Hackintool tells me:
Screenshot 2021-03-21 at 20.09.59.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.6 MB · Views: 48
Back