Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

I indeed disabled the GPRW patch, but it did not change anything. In included my EFI folder (with serials removed), and I will have a look at fixing USB myself.

pmset -g assertions give me:
Kernel Assertions: 0x4=USB
id=501 level=255 0x4=USB creat=21/03/2021, 21:10 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14900000 owner=USB2.0 Hub
id=503 level=255 0x4=USB creat=21/03/2021, 21:13 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14320000 owner=BRCM20702 Hub

And Hackintool tells me:
View attachment 512909
I noticed in your EFI\OC\ACPI folder one of the files is misnamed, there is no .aml extension on SSDT-EC-USBX which is probably keeping it from loading. I also notice the SSDT-GPRW.aml is still enabled (easy to fix) and you are missing SSDT-RHUB.aml which is needed for Asus comet lake boards per the Dortania guide. I'd sort all that out before getting too deeply into your USB ports configuration.

Attachments

• Comet Lake ACPI.png
    Comet Lake ACPI.png
    397.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Your SSDTs.png
    Your SSDTs.png
    168 KB · Views: 38
I noticed in your EFI\OC\ACPI folder one of the files is misnamed, there is no .aml extension on SSDT-EC-USBX which is probably keeping it from loading. I also notice the SSDT-GPRW.aml is still enabled (easy to fix) and you are missing SSDT-RHUB.aml which is needed for Asus comet lake boards per the Dortania guide. I'd sort all that out before getting too deeply into your USB ports configuration.
Thanks @Leesureone! I fixed the above, must have overlooked this :).

I'll test this out and see if it fixes the sleep issue.

Unfortunately sleep is still not available after fixing the issues as mentioned by @Leesureone. I grabbed the default SSDT-RHUB.aml, but I could try and build it myself. Would building it myself make a difference?

My system uses:
- Asus Rog Strix Z490-E motherboard
- Intel 10850k CPU
- AMD Radeon Pro W5500 Gpu
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD (with updated firmware)
- 32 GB Ram

I indeed disabled the GPRW patch, but it did not change anything. In included my EFI folder (with serials removed), and I will have a look at fixing USB myself.

pmset -g assertions give me:
Kernel Assertions: 0x4=USB
id=501 level=255 0x4=USB creat=21/03/2021, 21:10 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14900000 owner=USB2.0 Hub
id=503 level=255 0x4=USB creat=21/03/2021, 21:13 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14320000 owner=BRCM20702 Hub

And Hackintool tells me:
View attachment 512909
I think there are a couple of things to check now that your SSDT's are correct, your USB port configuration looks wrong. If you keep in mind the 15 port limit and then that for every HS port that is USB 3 there should also be a corresponding SS port you can start to see an issue.

HS9, HS1,HS12 and HS13 are all missing their SS counter parts as they are all USB3. The only USB 2 ports you have on the board are from the internal headers.

Check the excellent guide here for more information. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

If you still have an issue after reconfiguring your USB ports I would look harder at the AGPMInjector.kext and see if turning that off helps.

I think there are a couple of things to check now that your SSDT's are correct, your USB port configuration looks wrong. If you keep in mind the 15 port limit and then that for every HS port that is USB 3 there should also be a corresponding SS port you can start to see an issue.

HS9, HS1,HS12 and HS13 are all missing their SS counter parts as they are all USB3. The only USB 2 ports you have on the board are from the internal headers.

Check the excellent guide here for more information. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

If you still have an issue after reconfiguring your USB ports I would look harder at the AGPMInjector.kext and see if turning that off helps.
Thanks @Leesureone. I'll dive into the USB configuration guide. I will also disable the AGPMInjector.kext because I do not think it does anything useful for me at this moment.

It's there, I just looked. (and enabled ... 0.6.7)
Ah ok, just downloaded the EFI from this topic, but it was not in there (or I seriously need some new glasses ;) ), so I assumed it was not necessary. Doesn’t matter anyway :), I added it and almost everything works great, even my USB-C frontpanel connector. Sleep is still something to fix, but it is not that important for me at the moment.

Hi everyone, here's a build of 0.6.8 with all the latest kexts and updated Resources folder. Let me know how it works for you:

EDIT: Removed, attaching updated zip now.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, here's a build of 0.6.8 with all the latest kexts and updated Resources folder. Let me know how it works for you:
I was waiting and waiting, counting the seconds :lol:

Back