Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

Same here, everything works! OC 0.6.6 latest macOS update

Last edited:
OK guys, here's a build of 0.6.7 with all the latest goodness. Let me know if it's OK, if so I'll add it to the first post.

EDIT: Added to first post.

Last edited:
OK guys, here's a build of 0.6.7 with all the latest goodness. Let me know if it's OK, if so I'll add it to the first post.
For now it works well! Thank you very much.

Thanks for this! It works like a charm!

I noticed in you opening post that you also have issues with getting the front USBC to work. I also have this issue.
I tried creating a new USBPorts.kext and SSDT-EC-USBX with Hackintool and did get it to recognize the front USBC, but after replacing the USBPorts.kext and SSDT-EC-USBX my system would not boot anymore and this was related to the USB configuration.

In my USBPorts.kext plist file the port was configured on another USB port (see below).. I guess I'll have to dive into USB configuration stuff a bit more :).

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>SS05</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Comment</key>
        <string>Front Left USB C 3.2</string>
        <key>UsbConnector</key>
        <integer>9</integer>
        <key>name</key>
        <string>SS05</string>
        <key>port</key>
        <data>
        FQAAAA==
        </data>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Hi :) The last 0.6.7 EFI works perfectly !!! Thanks @scope666 <3
- important information :
I got a working Thunderbolt 3 + UAD Appolo Quad.
Just added the Asus THUNDERBOLTEX3-TR card and activate it on the BIOS and it works.
I have an idiot question :
I saw somewhere that the 6800xt will be supported on Big Sur so, can i use the same EFI Folder from @scope666 to intall Big Sur ?
(Im a total noob on OpenCore)

Just added the Asus THUNDERBOLTEX3-TR card and activate it on the BIOS and it works.
I saw somewhere that the 6800xt will be supported on Big Sur so, can i use the same EFI Folder from @scope666 to intall Big Sur ?

MrMinimizer wrote up a great post on some changes he made for Big Sur and a Radeon card, not exactly the same as yours, but might give you some ideas:

EDIT: Might have to use the iGPU as that card isn't showing as supported here:

1615517059387.png

Last edited:
Mack!! I'm rocking the z490 E with the same TB card and am having the most difficult time getting my UAD gear to be seen. Any tips??

Last edited:
Mack!! I'm rocking the z490 E with the same TB card and am having the most difficult time getting my UAD gear to be seen. Any tips??
Actually I just got it working by going 0.6.7! Follow up... for whatever reason there's some strange sample rate stuff happening. I can't get audio to play back without noise unless I am at 96k... which is high and I don't have many sessions coming to me in 96k

Actually I just got it working by going 0.6.7! Follow up... for whatever reason there's some strange sample rate stuff happening. I can't get audio to play back without noise unless I am at 96k... which is high and I don't have many sessions coming to me in 96k
Do you still have the problem ?
I have no issue a 96k on Ableton Live, with plugs & stuff.
Maybe Power issue ?!
did u try to change TB parameters on the BIOS ?

Do you still have the problem ?
I have no issue a 96k on Ableton Live, with plugs & stuff.
Maybe Power issue ?!
did u try to change TB parameters on the BIOS ?
Yes! Been dealing with it for a few days now - have no idea what could be causing it. Have done complete driver reinstalls of UAD software. Would you mind sharing your BIOS settings for discrete TB? Do you have anything in our EFI changed for TB?

Back