Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

Hello,

I've updated my 0.6.8 build. The I-225V is now being done with Kernel -> Patch per the OC Guide instead of the FakePCIID.kext method. I also fixed a few other small things.

1619098020073.png

Code:
NOTE: This version of ocvalidate is only compatible with OpenCore version 0.6.8!

Usage: ./ocvalidate <path/to/config.plist>

craig@iMac ocvalidate % pwd
/Users/craig/Downloads/OpenCore-0.6.8-RELEASE/Utilities/ocvalidate

craig@iMac ocvalidate % ./ocvalidate /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist

Completed validating /Volumes/EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist in 2 ms. No issues found.

Last edited:
I have ASUS ROG Z490-G and I am having issues getting my iGPU DP working. HDMi working fine.
I used EFI 0.6.7 as mentioned on the first page. Could not get display on my other monitor. Tried mapping port on Hackintool still unsuccessful. Using a DP-HDMi adapter. Can anyone help please?

Back up and running on Big Sur after a COMPLETE reinstall. During the process I made a lot of tweaks to the EFI. This version has an optional fix for the Commander Pro being detected as a UPS (disabled by default)

EDIT: Attached to 1st post.

Last edited:
Hi guys, got my z490e working with your help from this thread, btw I noticed that even if USB is working when I plug a usb drive to a USB3 port it does not get recognized and or mounted, even if the same port works for example with a webcam... is there anything I can do to fix this?

Hi guys, got my z490e working with your help from this thread, btw I noticed that even if USB is working when I plug a usb drive to a USB3 port it does not get recognized and or mounted, even if the same port works for example with a webcam... is there anything I can do to fix this?

Which port? You should be able to use drives just about everywhere except for the front USB-C connector.

The map included in this EFI is here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...gaming-i9-10900k-opencore.299137/post-2137465

yes I'm using the usbports kext with that map! thx
Btw if I don't use usbinjectallz490 the usb2 ports are not working (ex. bluetooth) but the drives mount.
With everything installed instead everything is working, but drives do not mount...
example
hs03 port:
webcam connects
same port with a drive:
not recognized...

yes I'm using the usbports kext with that map! thx
Btw if I don't use usbinjectallz490 the usb2 ports are not working (ex. bluetooth) but the drives mount.
With everything installed instead everything is working, but drives do not mount...
example
hs03 port:
webcam connects
same port with a drive:
not recognized...

I included the usbinjectall, but I have it disabled by default. You shouldn't have it enabled if you're using the map. It's only there for people that want to make their own map (Or edit mine). The port limit quirk should also be off if you're using the map.

1619445328024.png

I see, ....
Nothing, disabling injectall and without xhciportlimit quirk I lose all my upper usb connectors on the back of the mobo (usb2) and internal too (no bluetooth) but drives mount...
If I revert all ports works but no drive working... I really don't know what to do...

I see, ....
Nothing, disabling injectall and without xhciportlimit quirk I lose all my upper usb connectors on the back of the mobo (usb2) and internal too (no bluetooth) but drives mount...
If I revert all ports works but no drive working... I really don't know what to do...

That's really strange. If my map is loading correctly all those ports "should just work". To me it sounds like it's not being loaded, for whatever reason.

can you see it loaded on Hackintool extension panel?
I do not...
Schermata 2021-04-26 alle 16.24.48.png

Back