Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Asus ROG Strix Z270F + i7-7700k + R9 280x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, I can post a screenshot from contents of the EFI folder hopefully in the evening. I assume you would like to know what is in the EFI/Clover/kext/Other folder.

In the meanwhile you can try to follow these two threads as I did and got also sound working: thread1 and thread2.

The screen cap of my EFI folder can be found from my profile now. Opened all the relevant folders in finder. Sorry for the delay and bad quality, grapped it with iPhone from DLP projector screen, hence the rainbows:mrgreen:
I really don't know if everything is right but as they work I do not dare to change anything. Ok, intel quick sync does not work yet with nvidia, so that I have to work out some day at least.

Thanks for the links above man. I finally got my stuff working

Hello Friends.... Are you having issues with wake from sleep on your R9 280X and which version of OSX are you using... Im on Sierra and I cannot get my MSI R9 280X to wake from sleep... MOBO is a Z77X-UD5H.. Im also on Sierra 10.12.4...

I don't have this problem. I can truly say my hackintosh is perfect.

I don't even know what to tell you for your situation.

Since your not running the same set up as me.

How did you create the USB drive?

I tried it with this installation guide, but I can't boot from the usb drive.
Can you give me some tips?

Which bios version did you use?

Last edited:
Thank you for the answer!

I can't follow the guide. Unibeast did not detect the USB drive with GUID Partition Map. Only with Master Boot Record. Does this matter? But why?

When I try to use Master Boot, my mainboard jump back into the bios while booting.

Any idea?

Did you enable USB3 ports in USB stick config.plist? I had the same problem at first that sierra stuck at the end of the boot as my mother board had only USB3 ports and I tried to boot from USB3 stick but enabling the USB3 ports in USB stick config.plist solved the problem.

I also followed this guide and it worked perfectly.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-strix-i7-7700k-hd-630-4k-m-2-alc1220.216999/

Hello,

I'm using the same mainboard, CPU, and SSD as your setup.
I have I've successfully installed Sierra 10.12.5, but I cannot figure out how to make the SSD bootable.
Can you please explain the step?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back